Hotel Californian fosters a creative, entrepreneurial, and energetic work environment. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that values family, work-life balance, and community. We help develop our teams and provide support for them to grow their careers with our organization. Our Talent is proud to work here.
Hotel Californian fosters a creative, entrepreneurial, and energetic work environment. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the hotel. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work-life balance, and community. We help develop our teams and provide support for them to grow their careers with our organization. Our talent are proud to work here.
- Manages the logistics and operations for onsite wedding and wedding-related events such as, but not limited to, BEOs, billing, tastings, and site inspections.
- Acts as a liaison between Catering Sales Manager, Weddings and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event)
- Coordinates and communicates event details to the customer and on-property Sales and operations teams.
- Oversees customer experience from turnover from Catering Sale Manager until final billing is complete.
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the client
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints through the event process.
- Facilitates and attends various meetings as necessary including Banquet Event Order meeting, room block pick-up and weekly operations meeting.
- Upsells products and services throughout the event process.
Skills and Education Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
• Previous catering, weddings, social functions, convention services, or sales support experience preferred in a large convention hotel. Other relevant event, meeting planning, or hotel operations experience will be considered.
• High school education required, college degree preferred.
• Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
• Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems, with developed computer proficiencies.
• Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
• Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
• Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many guest requests/questions within a short period of time
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
• Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
• Customer service oriented with a desire to create memorable guest experiences.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule primarily daytime hours, Monday-Friday, with the flexibility to work weekends if needed.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Foley Entertainment Group, LLC. is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail to HR@vegasgoldenknights.com to let us know the nature of your request. This employer participates in E-Verify EOE/AA/Disabled/Vets Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.