Senior Associate, Legacy Tax Accountant
Nashville, TN, USA
Monday, July 24, 2023
Fortitude Reinsurance Company Ltd. (Fortitude Re) is one of the world’s leading providers of legacy reinsurance solutions. They work with the world’s leading insurance companies to help them execute comprehensive, transformational solutions for legacy Life & Annuity and P&C lines. Fortitude Re manages a general account of approximately $55 billion across life, annuity, and property & casualty insurance products. The company takes a long-term view on growth and is proud to be backed by a consortium of sophisticated institutional investors led by The Carlyle Group and T&D Insurance Group. Incorporated under the laws of Bermuda on January 1, 2017, Fortitude Re’s roots in the insurance industry and the experience of their leadership go back many decades. Fortitude Re’s leadership team has an average industry tenure of over 20 years, and an impressive track record of successfully managing the most complex legacy liabilities. Their deep insurance experience and proprietary risk modeling capabilities allow them to structure bespoke transactions that benefit both insurance companies and their policyholders. Fortitude Re continues to strengthen its ability to pursue further growth and provide innovative solutions for the global insurance industry. Click here for more information about Fortitude Re.
The individual in this role will report to the AVP, Legacy Tax, and will be responsible for preparation and review of quarterly and annual tax provisions, tax filings, and maintenance of corresponding tax records. The individual in this role will also provide support with internal control frameworks and assistance with special projects.
What you will do:
- Preparation of insurance quarterly and annual tax provisions and disclosures under ASC 740 and SSAP 101
- Preparation and review of non-insurance quarterly and annual tax provisions and disclosures under ASC 740
- Review and compile data requests for third party premium tax provider related to premium tax returns for insurance entities
- Prepare insurance Federal and State income tax return workpapers
- Preparation and review non-insurance Federal and State income tax return workpapers
- Preparation and review of sales and use tax returns and other non-income tax filings
- Preparation and review of Forms 1099
- Assist with requests from U.S. tax service providers
- Develop a working knowledge of the tax profile for the Fortitude Re group
- Assist with general tax planning and other ad-hoc projects, as requested
What you will have:
- A CPA or Masters of Tax preferred
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a corporate tax department or Big 4 audit firm
- Insurance tax experience and familiarity with tax issues for multinational financial institutions preferred, but not required
- Investment tax experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with CorpTax preferred, but not required
- Must be a self-starter, a problem solver, and possess a willingness to grow and develop
- Must possess efficiency, honest/integrity, organizational and planning skills
- Must follow-through on commitments; be intelligent, and possess strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail, proactive, flexibility/adaptability, and enthusiastic
- Strong work ethic, listening skills, openness to criticism and new ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment and work effectively with lead tax teams and other departments in Fortitude Re and its outside advisors
The base salary range for this role is $90,000- $110,000 will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. In addition to base salary, all employees are eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance as well as a generous benefits package.
What We Offer:
We offer competitive benefits in a fast-paced, dynamic and nimble culture including:
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Up to 11 paid company holidays
- Up to 16 hours per year of paid volunteer time
- Competitive 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs
- Flexible working environment
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, diversity of thought and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Fortitude Re, please do not forward any resumes to Fortitude Re employees. Fortitude Re is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
FA - Finance
This posting is inactive.