To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
The Financial Accountant is responsible for providing relevant, accurate, and timely financial analysis and guidance in support of the Financial Shared Services leadership as well as our local business units. The Financial Accountant provides direct support that includes but is not limited to, monthly and quarterly reviews of the GL, preparation of journal entries, P&L variance analysis, and year-end closings. The Financial Accountant also ensures adherence to internal controls and other compliance requirements. The Financial Accountant is responsible for accurate and timely analytical reports, communication of financial performance to members of the leadership team, and delivering strong customer service to both the finance leadership and the business units.
Base Salary: $50,000 - $55,000/annually
· Develop relationships and provide support to finance leadership and staff at business units.
·Performs detailed reviews of revenue and expense results and investigates variances to expected results, prepares required journal entries, and provides explanations.
·Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
· Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
·Assists with the development and implementation of standardized analytical tools and reporting as well as ad hoc reporting when needed.
·Works with other team members and the leadership team on various projects as assigned.
· Works to identify areas for improvement, form solutions, and implement process improvements.
· Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Financial analysis and compliance acumen
· Passion for results
· Customer/client orientation
· Strong communication at all levels
· Support multiple customers simultaneously
· Teamwork and team leadership
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
·Business degree in Accounting/Finance with 2+ years of accounting and financial analysis experience or comparable work experience
·Strong Excel skills
·Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
·Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
·Experience in a consolidated financial environment
·Demonstrated customer service
·Big picture perspective and ability to manage vision but also the ability to perform detailed assignments as needed
·Knowledge of BPC a plus
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $34,200 and $80,500. Base compensation is reflective of many factors, including, but not limited to, the market in which one lives/works, individual education level, skills, certifications, and
experience. Note: variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable.
- Job Family Finance & Accounting
- Job Function Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- United States