Job Title: Structural Engineer
Reports to: VP, Director of Engineering
Effective Date: 8/01/2023
Come build with an award-winning Structural Team!
GATE Precast Company is one of the nation’s largest producers of precast concrete and pre-stressed structural systems. We currently have an opening for full-time employment in our Hillsboro, TX location.
GATE Precast operates (2) Structural facilities, (2) dual-purpose Architectural / Structural facilities, and (3) predominately Architectural facilities. Gate Precast is transitioning toward being a Structural fabricator with high-end architectural expertise. This Structural Precast Engineer position, in part, is due to an increased focus on the total precast systems market and the addition of structural capacity in more of our facilities.
The successful candidate will provide designs with a focus on precast structures that include parking structures and total precast structures with a variety of end uses.
- Lead a staff in the efforts to provide all necessary submittal information as required by project documents
- Produce well-organized structural design calculations for mildly reinforced prestressed, and post-tensioned concrete
- Provide guidance to staff in service to GATE Precast’s production facilities in Alabama, Florida, and Texas
- Interface with internal team players including Directors, Sales, Estimating, Project Management, plant Production Personnel, Engineers, and Design support employees
- Interact with external team players including General Contractors, Owners' Representatives, Architects, and Engineers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to work well with others.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of design standards for precast concrete products and familiarity with PCI design handbook.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willing and able to lead a team of drafters to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Proficient with Revit, Eriksson, LECWall-Losch, and Salmons Technology
Education and Experience:
A minimum of 5+ years of experience in the duties described above in addition to a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited university and PE licensure (Civil Engineering).
Sitting for extended periods; standing; keyboarding; speaking; moving objects occasionally up to 20 lbs. Mainly an office position; but will require some time outdoors and in a production environment. Must be able to wear PPE while in the production environment which includes, work boots, a hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, and a hi-vis vest.
- Commensurate with education and experience
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401(k) with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid holidays
- Pet Insurance
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.GATEPrecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST ENGINEERING
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Hillsboro, TX 76645, USA