Job Title: Welder Fabricator Department: Fabrication Shop
Reports to: Greg Oakley Effective Date: 10/13/22
Fabricate weld plates for jobsite embeds, productions hardware, jobsite connections, fix hardware, and other weldments as required. Welders are required to pass a certification exam, and will have the opportunity to attain SMAW and FCAW certifications. Performing fixes and post-applies will be part of the SMAW and FCAW certifications process.
1. Knowledge and use of PPE, and common knowledge of MIG welding machines.
2. Welding embed weldments, rebar to plates, plates to angles, etc.
3. Read blueprints, know welding symbols, must be able to read a tape measure, and use squares.
4. Tables will be ground to maintain proper ground of material.
5. Stud or DBA welding, painting, and palletizing will be required.
·Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
·Welder Certificate required
·Experience working in a fabrication shop or on-site preferred.
·Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
·Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
·Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
·Must be able to read blueprints, tape measure, use squares, and other hand held tools.
·Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Mostly Indoor environment, occasionally outdoor
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401(k) with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Thursday, June 29, 2023
- 2440 S Alabama Ave, Monroeville, AL 36460, USA