Job Title: Carpenter
Reports to: Production Supervisor
A carpenter will assist the lead man in assembling forms from start to finish.
- Reads production drawings/blueprints and constructs wooden forms and block-outs with close tolerance to specifications.
- Must have a clear knowledge of basic measurements and the ability to read a tape measure within a 16th of an inch.
- Responsible for assembling custom-designed production forms to blueprint specifications.
- Must be able to use a wide variety of tools, including but not limited to a staple gun, brad nailer, hammer, measuring tape, pneumatic nail gun, pneumatic palm sander, and circular saws.
- Maintains good housekeeping and follows Gate Precast safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Willing to take direction from a lead man.
- Follow all safety rules established by Gate Precast Company
- Performs additional duties as requested or required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. On-the-job training offered. Some rebar/construction experience is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, and walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual physical labor is required for this position.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as anke laced steek toe work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, back brace, forearm shields, and safety vests. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust.
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medicare, Retirement Planning, and Social Security Assistance
- On-Demand Pay
- Educational Expense Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- 810 Sawdust Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744, USA