Gate Precast Company is one of the nation's largest producers of Architectural Precast Concrete, Prestressed Structural Systems and GateLite products. Gate Precast currently has openings for a full-time experienced Bim Modeler.
Gate Precast is offering this opportunity within an office environment in Monroeville, Alabama.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Bluebeam checking & markup of production shop tickets
- Bluebeam checking & markup of shop drawings & related details
- Bluebeam checking & markup of hardware shop tickets
- Management duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Directing a team of detailers during production ticketing
- Creating Excel project trackers & inputting ticket data as the job progresses
- Creating Excel files for panels being released to the production plant
- Stamping & releasing of all final production tickets
- Working alongside Gate Project Design Teams, Production Management and Gate Project Management to complete and release production tickets to accommodate the needs of production and/or the project schedule
• High School diploma or GED
• Technical Certificate, Associates Degree or 4-year degree
• Previous drafting experience preferred
• Ability to convey markups and thoughts to other members of the team
• Experience using Autodesk products including AutoCAD & Revit (previous Revit experience is a plus and desired)
• Willingness to learn and adapt to Gate standards as needed
• Willingness and ability to work as a team player
• Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
• Proficiency using Bluebeam Revu with emphasis on the markup features
• Ability to read Architectural & Structural construction plans
• Detail oriented with good written, verbal & file management skills
• Experience in similar concrete related industry desired, but not required
• Ability & desire to envision Gate’s products, ask questions and have a willingness to learn
Position offers full benefits including vacation, holiday & sick time and medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) with company match, education reimbursement and much more!
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit: www.gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST ENGINEERING
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Friday, January 26, 2024
- 2440 S Alabama Ave, Monroeville, AL 36460, USA