Welder I (2nd Shift)
The purpose of this position is to weld damaged equipment & parts, to fabricate new equipment & parts, build up metal in places where it has worn, & to straighten bent or distorted equipment components.
- Check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, comply with PPE requirements, and otherwise prepare for duties.
- Use electric & gas welding to do welding for repairs or fabrication of new parts & uses liquid nitrogen to chill metal during bearing replacement.
- Use hand tools & power tools to disassemble/assemble parts, grind metal, drill metal, or otherwise fabricate parts.
- Use large hydraulic press to straighten large frame members of construction equipment.
- Use all equipment to do facility repairs & new fabrication when necessary.
- Use hand tools & powered tools such as grinders to take equipment apart & to prepare metal for welding together pieces, building up metal for re-machining, or welding metal together.
- Use hand held welding tools to weld metal while kneeling, sitting, crouching, or standing in the shop or in/around/on equipment
- Transport (drive a service truck) equipment throughout the facility & sales district to do welding, fabrication, repair work wherever it is required.
- Use welding to build up metal in areas that have worn away & the new metal will be ground or machined to new dimensions.
- Use hoists or material movers to position large objects to be welded & repaired.
- The employee will use hoists or material movers to position large objects that have been bent out of shape into the hydraulic press, set the pistons on the press & use a control panel to operate the press to straighten the object.
- May uses blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product.
Must have a high school education or GED
Requires three years of direct work experience
Must be able to daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend and climb beside, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs; Must be able to effectively see to perform repairs, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports. Must be able to routinely and physically lift/position various parts to perform repairs/service and manually handle parts up to 95 pounds, as well as use mechanical hoist for heavier parts.
Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders; Must have cognitive reasoning and problem solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems. Should have exposure to P.C. base equipment and parts information;
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Certification
- 4807 Beryl Rd, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA