Squad Leader/Master Technician (Aurora)
Gregory Poole Equipment is a family founded, owned, and led organization that has cared about employees and the communities we serve for nearly 72 years. Please visit our resources to explore how you align with our mission and commitment to our core values. About GPEC - Link The Gregory Poole Advantage - Link
Our benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, paid Vacation, Sick/Personal time, and holidays. Plus retirement contribution matching and a great work-life balance!
Nutrien: The Aurora mine location is the world’s largest mining and manufacturer site in the US. Working for Gregory Poole at the Aurora site you will have an excellent opportunity to work with Caterpillar on cutting edge technologies. Currently, they are the largest site in the world operating remote control machines. In addition, they continue to be a partner with Caterpillar to test field follow machines and technologies that will allow you an opportunity to influence development and quality.
The primary function of this position is to troubleshoot, remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on compact construction equipment at an expert level. At the Nutrien Mine facility in Aurora.
- Reviews the work schedule, check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, comply with PPE requirements, and otherwise prepare for duties.
- Uses manuals, repair manuals, parts manuals, parts diagrams to troubleshoot compact construction equipment.
- Uses lift trucks, overhead cranes, & other aides to lift or move parts into position to be repaired.
- Uses hand & power tools to remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on construction equipment.
- Uses miscellaneous resources and computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
- Uses tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment; cleans parts with rags, cleaners, power washer; uses test equipment to make diagnostic checks; and controls powered equipment or tools to make repairs.
- Climbs up onto, under, & into vehicles to gain access to all parts of vehicle.
- Uses overhead hoists, lift devices, forklifts & other aides to move items off vehicle (tracks, idler wheels, blades, etc.) & then to move parts to locations for disassembly, repair, then back to the vehicle for reassembly.
- Performs inspections, do preventative maintenance, change oil, replace filters, belts, coolants, hoses, may drain/clean/refill fuel systems.
- Uses welders to weld frames, wear strips then use power grinders to grind welds smooth
- Lift/carry and position ram used to remove idlers, unbolt idlers, remove them with
- Uses power washers & spray paint equipment to clean & paint vehicle.
- Uses instruments and computers to reprogram equipment controllers.
Squad Leader Duties:
Mentor, coach, guide and develop technicians.
Direct day to day job assignments and responsibilities for up to five or more technicians.
Must have a high school education or GED.
Eight years of Cat equipment experience. Fully understands all equipment systems (i.e. engines, hydraulics, electrical, sub-electrical, transmissions, etc.) for almost all equipment model lines.
Must be able to daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend and climb beside, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs; Must be able to effectively see to perform repairs, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports. Must be able to routinely and physically lift/position various parts to perform repairs/service and manually handle parts up to 112 pounds, as well as use mechanical hoist when needed.
Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders. Must have cognitive reasoning and problem-solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems. Should have exposure to P.C. base equipment and parts information; Can work independently with minimal supervision.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 1530 NC-306, Aurora, NC 27806, USA
- Washington, NC, USA