Excellent opportunity to work with a team of Optometrists in a clinic setting! Join our team and receive training, resources, competitive pay and exceptional benefits including free parking at all our locations!
Check us out by clicking on Many Talents, One Mission! The Benefits of Working at GHC-SCW.
The Optometrist is responsible for providing high quality vision and health care services to GHC-SCW members. Responsibilities include the examination, diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases and disorders of the visual system, the eye, and associated structures, as well as the diagnosis of related systemic conditions. Additionally, the Optometrist provides guidance and direction to Optometric Technicians. The Optometrist works under the general direction and supervision of the Eye Care Chief.
The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission, Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Our Mission Statement: We partner with members and the communities we serve to maximize health and well-being.
Our Vision: As a local, not-for-profit, member-owned Cooperative, we are the most trusted resource for lifelong health and well-being in the communities we serve.
- We are a not-for-profit Cooperative
- We are member-centered
- We are equitable and inclusive
- We are quality-driven
- We are innovative
- We are community involved
Five Strategic Pillars:
- Exceptional Quality and Service – We seek excellence by working towards the elements of the quadruple aim we strive to be the best we do in all that we do.
- Meaningful Employee Engagement – We create a culture where employees are involved, enthusiastic and committed to delivering on the GHC-SCW Mission, Vision and Values.
- Continuous Improvement – We actively identify opportunities and initiate change that creates value for the Cooperative and those we serve.
- Financial Strength - We ensure the Cooperative’s long-term viability by reinvesting earnings generated by controlling health care costs and consistently growing revenue.
- Impact - We advance health and well-being by nurturing connections with our member-owners and the communities we serve.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.
We are better together.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Licensure as an Optometrist in the State of Wisconsin is required.
- Optometric therapeutic and diagnostic pharmaceutical certification in the State of Wisconsin is required.
- Certification by the National Board of Examiners in Optometry (NBEO) is preferred.
- Possession of or eligibility for a valid Healthcare provider CPR/AED certificate is required.
Employee must obtain certification within four (4) months of employment.
- Ability to work within a team concept and multidisciplinary group is required.
- Ability to coordinate with consultant ophthalmologists and other health provider consultants required.
- Ability to read and interpret various medical reports and/or results required
- Ability to maintain strict patient, employee, and proprietary confidentiality required. Knowledge of HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to operate technical and digital devices as related to the eye care field and interpret results with limited training is required.
- Ability to use computers and related software such as Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to use and/or learn electronic medical records systems and clinical applications such as EPIC.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills necessary to project a professional image in order to interact courteously and effectively with patients, the public, staff and others required.
- Ability to be culturally sensitive and to work with a diverse patient population required.
- Ability to learn and maintain currency with GHC-SCW and UWHC policies and procedures required.
- Ability to provide leadership and to delegate assignments required.
- Ability to prioritize and organize a diverse workload required.
- Ability to speak and hear on the telephone required.
- Ability to intermittently sit and stand up to eight hours per day required.
- Ability to see at near, mid and far range required.
- Ability to perform fingering and handling with both hands required.
- Pay Type Salary
- Hatchery Hill Clinic - 3051 Cahill Main, 3051 Cahill Main, Fitchburg, Wisconsin, United States of America