Hybrid position will have a mix of virtual and on-site clinical shifts. Applicants must reside in WI.
.90 FTE/36 hours per week scheduled in 4 days.
Join our team and receive training, resources, competitive pay and exceptional benefits including free parking at all our locations!
Check us out by clicking on Many Talents, One Mission! The Benefits of Working at GHC-SCW.
This position is eligible for a $5000 INCENTIVE for joining GHC!
(Referral amounts prorated based on FTE)
The Resource Registered Nurse (RN) position serves as a clinical resource within the ambulatory clinic through the provision of excellent ambulatory nursing care with a patient centered approach to all interactions. The Resource RN provides care that is patient and family centered, ethical, evidence-based, safe innovative, and compassionate. The Resource RN provides anticipatory guidance, patient education, telephone triage, and RN assistance. The incumbent serves as a backup to provide coverage in the absence of patient care team staff including the RN Team Coordinator and to assist when patient care team needs exceed team staffing resources. The Resource RN assesses patient needs, provides nursing care to meet patient care needs, acts as a resource to team patient care staff, and participates in departmental support functions. The Resource RN possesses strong clinical, educational, and advocacy skills. The incumbent works under the general supervision of the Clinic Manager. Provider staff may delegate activities to a Registered Nurse within the licensing and RN scope of practice within the state of Wisconsin. NOTE: This position is regularly exposed to blood borne pathogens, diseases, and cleaning/sterilization solutions.
The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission, Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Our Mission Statement: We partner with members and the communities we serve to maximize health and well-being.
Our Vision: As a local, not-for-profit, member-owned Cooperative, we are the most trusted resource for lifelong health and well-being in the communities we serve.
- We are a not-for-profit Cooperative
- We are member-centered
- We are equitable and inclusive
- We are quality-driven
- We are innovative
- We are community involved
Five Strategic Pillars:
- Exceptional Quality and Service – We seek excellence by working towards the elements of the quadruple aim we strive to be the best we do in all that we do.
- Meaningful Employee Engagement – We create a culture where employees are involved, enthusiastic and committed to delivering on the GHC-SCW Mission, Vision and Values.
- Continuous Improvement – We actively identify opportunities and initiate change that creates value for the Cooperative and those we serve.
- Financial Strength - We ensure the Cooperative’s long-term viability by reinvesting earnings generated by controlling health care costs and consistently growing revenue.
- Impact - We advance health and well-being by nurturing connections with our member-owners and the communities we serve.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.
We are better together.
JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Current licensure as a registered nurse (RN) is required. Must be licensed in the State of Wisconsin OR hold a multistate license in a state in the licensure compact (eNLC).
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of (1) year of professional nursing experience is highly preferred. Experience working in an ambulatory or clinic setting is preferred and will be evaluated if not in a professional nursing role.
- Possession of or eligibility for a valid Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certificate is required. Employee must obtain certification within four (4) months of employment.
- Ability to travel to various work sites is required. Employee is expected to provide personal transportation. Possession of a valid, Wisconsin driver license if the employee is operating a motor vehicle is required.
- Knowledge of scientific nursing principles, methods and techniques in an ambulatory setting as a basis for quality decision-making ability is required. Current knowledge of and maintenance of nursing trends, techniques and certifications is required. Participation in pertinent continuing education courses is required.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills are required.
- Ability to perform a variety of clinical skills which may include but are not limited to IV Therapy, injections, allergy shots and wound care is required. Ability to assist in procedures performed in clinics is required.
- Ability to recognize and identify symptoms and problems, with good nursing assessment skills is required.
- Ability to be resourceful and flexible in emergency situations is required.
- Ability to review new trends and techniques and update knowledge base is required.
- Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care, treatments and follow-up is required.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills both in-person and on the phone are required.
- Excellent assessment skills and the ability to prioritize changing patient conditions is required.
- Knowledge of interviewing practices and techniques used in order to gather information is required.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and /or infection control standards is required.
- Excellent customer service and strong interpersonal skills are required. Ability to be culturally sensitive and work with a diverse patient population is required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hatchery Hill Clinic - 3051 Cahill Main, 3051 Cahill Main, Fitchburg, Wisconsin, United States of America