Medical Laboratory Technician
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin. BETTER TOGETHER
This position is eligible for a $3000 SIGN ON BONUS for joining GHC!
(Referral amounts prorated based on FTE)
Full Time. Capitol Clinic Laboratory 09:00 AM – 5:30 PM Monday through Friday.
8:30 AM - 2:00 PM Saturday and Sunday one weekend per month.
Medical Laboratory Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician - Microbiology experience preferred.
Why join our comprehensive laboratory department?
- The Sauk Trails Laboratory serves as the core laboratory for all six of the Group Health Cooperative clinical sites and performs 90% of the testing collected at GHC in the areas of Hematology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Immunochemistry, and Molecular testing.
- Stable work Monday through Friday offering a variety of interesting work using various procedures and instruments.
- Generous weekend shift differential.
- GHC-SCW’s smaller laboratory team provides a strong sense of community within the department and increased access and closer relationships to the department leadership team.
- Work only 1-2 holidays per year!
- No third shift rotations!
- Free parking at all GHC clinic locations!
The Medical Laboratory Technician position is responsible for performing laboratory procedures as ordered by a practitioner. Work includes: performance of lab tests from all GHC-SCW health center sites in any or all departments; performance of quality control, troubleshooting, and maintenance functions; collection of specimens; and other tasks as assigned. The MLT works under the general supervision and guidance of the Laboratory Manager, Chief Medical Technologist and/or Medical Technologist - Lead.
The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South-Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission, Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Our Mission Statement: We partner with members and the communities we serve to maximize health and well-being.
Our Vision: As a local, not-for-profit, member-owned Cooperative, we are the most trusted resource for lifelong health and well-being in the communities we serve.
- We are a not-for-profit Cooperative
- We are member-centered
- We are equitable and inclusive
- We are quality-driven
- We are innovative
- We are community involved
Five Strategic Pillars:
- We seek excellence by working towards the elements of the quadruple aim we strive to be the best we do in all that we do.
- We create a culture where employees are involved, enthusiastic and committed to delivering on the GHC-SCW Mission, Vision and Values.
- We actively identify opportunities and initiate change that creates value for the Cooperative and those we serve.
- We ensure the Cooperative’s long-term viability by reinvesting earnings generated by controlling health care costs and consistently growing revenue.
- We advance health and well-being by nurturing connections with our member-owners and the communities we serve.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.
We are better together.
JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Foreign education credentials must be evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE) member. The U.S. equivalency summary must indicate that the level of education is equivalent to an Associate Degree or higher.
- As a condition of employment, the incumbent must obtain either certification within one (1) year.
- Possession of or eligibility for a valid Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certificate is required. Employee must obtain certification within four (4) months of employment.
- Current knowledge of laboratory safety and hygiene protocols required.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision required.
- Ability to accurately perform tests following appropriate procedures required.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality required. Knowledge of or ability to learn HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to work at other GHC-SCW health center sites assuring adequate coverage required.
- Immediate compliance with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) for September 1, 1997 required.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk and do moderate lifting up to 10 lbs. on a frequent basis required.
- Correctable vision, color perception, and legible handwriting required.
- Manual dexterity in order to handle laboratory equipment required.
- Ability to work fingers for various manipulation activities including keyboarding
Benefit Summary for FTE of .5 or higher:
· Our rich benefits package which includes:
o Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
o 403(b) employer match up to 6%!
o Nine paid holidays
o Generous MTO (Managed Time Off)
o Tuition reimbursement
· Eligibility for any general increases on their work anniversary date
· Free parking at all our locations
· Wellness programs
· Work life balance
· Commitment to diversity
· The great culture we have here at GHC-SCW!
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GHC-SCW considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Capitol Clinic - 675 W. Washington Avenue, 675 W. Washington Ave, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America