Medical Technologist - Purchasing Coordinator
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin. BETTER TOGETHER
Medical Laboratory Technologist/Medical Technologist - Purchasing Coordinator
Full Time 1.0 FTE
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM, Occasional weekends
Primary Site: Sauk Trails Clinic Laboratory
Why join our comprehensive laboratory department?
- The Sauk Trails Laboratory serves as the core laboratory for all six of the Group Health Cooperative clinical sites and performs 90% of the testing collected at GHC in the areas of Hematology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Immunochemistry, and Molecular testing.
- Stable work Monday through Friday offering a variety of interesting work using various procedures and instruments.
- GHC-SCW’s smaller laboratory team provides a strong sense of community within the department and increased access and closer relationships to the department leadership team.
- Work only 3 weekend shifts per year, on average!
- Work only 1 holiday per year!
- No third shift rotations!
- Free parking at all GHC clinic locations!
The Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Medical Technologist (MT)– Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for performing laboratory procedures as ordered by a practitioner. Responsibilities include: performance of lab tests from all GHC-SCW locations in any or all departments; performance of quality control, troubleshooting, and maintenance functions; collection of specimens; and other tasks as assigned. This position is also responsible for acquisition of all necessary supplies needed for daily laboratory operations and includes research, development, and implementation of new procedures or methodologies. The MT or MLT- Purchasing Coordinator works under the general supervision and guidance of the Medical Laboratory Services Manager, Chief Medical Technologist and/or the Medical Technologist - Lead.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
-Associate degree from an accredited technical college or school in Medical Laboratory Technology or Medical Laboratory Science is required; or qualified under 42 CFR 493.1433 which was published on 3/14/90. Foreign education credentials must be evaluated by a National Association of International Credential Evaluators (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE) member. The U.S. equivalency summary must indicate that the level of education is equivalent to an Associate degree or higher.
-Valid certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) as a Medical Lab Technician is required.
-Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Medical Technology or related field is required. Foreign education credentials must be evaluated by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE) member. The U.S. equivalency summary must indicate that the level of education is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or higher. Advanced coursework in computer sciences or data processing is preferred.
-Valid certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists as a Medical Technologist (ASCP) or Medical Technologist (AMT) is required.
Our Mission Statement: We partner with members and the communities we serve to maximize health and well-being.
Our Vision: As a local, not-for-profit, member-owned Cooperative, we are the most trusted resource for lifelong health and well-being in the communities we serve.
- We are a not-for-profit Cooperative
- We are member-centered
- We are equitable and inclusive
- We are quality-driven
- We are innovative
- We are community involved
Five Strategic Pillars:
- Exceptional Quality and Service – We seek excellence by working towards the elements of the quadruple aim we strive to be the best we do in all that we do.
- Meaningful Employee Engagement – We create a culture where employees are involved, enthusiastic and committed to delivering on the GHC-SCW Mission, Vision and Values.
- Continuous Improvement – We actively identify opportunities and initiate change that creates value for the Cooperative and those we serve.
- Financial Strength - We ensure the Cooperative’s long-term viability by reinvesting earnings generated by controlling health care costs and consistently growing revenue.
- Impact - We advance health and well-being by nurturing connections with our member-owners and the communities we serve.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.
We are better together.
Benefit Summary for FTE of .5 or higher:
Our rich benefits package which includes:
o Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
o 403(b) employer match up to 6%!
o Nine paid holidays
o Generous MTO (Managed Time Off)
o Tuition reimbursement
Eligibility for any general increases on their work anniversary date
Free parking at all our locations
Work life balance
Commitment to diversity
The great culture we have here at GHC-SCW!
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GHC-SCW considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sauk Trails Clinic - 8202 Excelsior Drive, 8202 Excelsior Dr., Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America