Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin. BETTER TOGETHER
This position is for students enrolled in an accredited Pharmacy Program. First year students preferred. The position will likely transition into a Pharmacy Internship.
Part-Time .3 FTE/ 12 Hours per Week. Additional hours available on winter and summer break.
The Pharmacy Technician – Non-Certified assists pharmacists in the provision of professional pharmacy services in GHC-SCW pharmacies. The Pharmacy Technician works under the general guidance and daily supervision of the Pharmacist and the Pharmacist - in - Charge.
The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission , Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Our Mission Statement: We partner with members and the communities we serve to maximize health and well-being.
Our Vision: As a local, not-for-profit, member-owned Cooperative, we are the most trusted resource for lifelong health and well-being in the communities we serve.
- We are a not-for-profit Cooperative
- We are member-centered
- We are equitable and inclusive
- We are quality-driven
- We are innovative
- We are community involved
Five Strategic Pillars:
- Exceptional Quality and Service – We seek excellence by working towards the elements of the quadruple aim we strive to be the best we do in all that we do.
- Meaningful Employee Engagement – We create a culture where employees are involved, enthusiastic and committed to delivering on the GHC-SCW Mission, Vision and Values.
- Continuous Improvement – We actively identify opportunities and initiate change that creates value for the Cooperative and those we serve.
- Financial Strength - We ensure the Cooperative’s long-term viability by reinvesting earnings generated by controlling health care costs and consistently growing revenue.
- Impact - We advance health and well-being by nurturing connections with our member-owners and the communities we serve.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.
We are better together.
JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician training program is desirable.
- Pharmacy experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with computers preferred.
- Ability to use or learn to use computers for order entry, inventory control, billing and record keeping.
- Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with patients and clinical staff is required.
- Ability to work with a diverse patient population. Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and problem solve.
- Ability to successfully interact with other pharmacy staff is required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required. Knowledge of or ability to learn HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to provide own transportation to various locations, as required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time is required.
- Ability to reach, bend, lift, pull, push and /or carry up to 25 pounds regularly is required.
- Ability to see near, mid and far range is required.
- Good hand dexterity in order to handle small items such as medication packets is required.
- Ability to use keyboard is required.
- Ability to write legibly is required.
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GHC-SCW considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Capitol Clinic - 675 W. Washington Avenue, 675 W. Washington Ave, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America