Accounts Receivable Specialist
GTY is on the hunt for a detail-oriented and adaptable Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our small but mighty finance team. In this role, you will own the accounts receivable function for our growing company, and provide additional general accounting support. You will support subsidiaries and employees in Canada and the U.S.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the billing and collection activities
- Run and post daily Bill Runs for customer invoices
- Apply cash receipts received directly to the bank account or via external payment method to client account and prepare any related journal entries (i.e., wire charges)
- Initiate and monitor high volume customer collection activities with high aptitude and drive, effectively communicating with customers to meet and exceed established collection targets
- Review debit and credit memos
- Negotiate payment terms to reduce outstanding receivables and follow process to suspend delinquent accounts
- Review contracts to ensure proper pricing and terms are applied to subscriptions in Netsuite
- Resolve invoice disputes and other billing inquiries from customers
- Prepare schedules to support external audit and internal team deliverables
- Perform accounts receivable analytics and trends for month end and quarterly reporting
- Identify and collaborate on solutions for accounts receivable process deficiencies and a streamlined process between the ERP and CRM
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc requests as needed
The Right Fit
Who You Are:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Strong experience with Excel (pivot tables, etc.)
- Flexibility, ability to multi-task and strong time-management skills
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors or Diploma in Business or related field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 5 years of similar experience in a fast-paced company
- Experience working in a multi-currency and multi-entity environment
- Experience with mid-tier ERP system, experience with NetSuite is an asset
- Experience working in a rapidly growing highly innovative technology company
- A high energy, enthusiastic self-starter, who possesses sound business judgment, and is capable of managing multiple priorities
Location & Travel
This role will be a hybrid role (2 days/week) based out of our beautiful new Questica office in Oakville, Ontario. We will give consideration to excellent candidates living elsewhere in North America, working from their own fully equipped home office.
What It's Like to Work at GTY
At GTY, we carefully foster a work environment where employees have a safe space for creative and intellectual freedom, and the opportunity to work cross-functionally. We offer a dynamic environment with considerable opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
Here are some of the perks that GTY employees enjoy:
💵 Competitive wages
We pay competitive wages and salaries, and we only expect an honest 40 hour week for it.
🧘♀️ Wellness days
What’s better than a long weekend? An extra long weekend! This summer, let's begin and end the summer with an extra day ontop of the long weekend (July and Sept)! An extra day to decompress and spend time doing the things you love.
🙌 Community Engagement Committee
At Questica, we know how important it is to give back. Our community engagement committee looks for ways to give back to our local communities through time, gifts and skills.
🕰 Flexible time and remote work
We understand that what a work day looks like differs by employee and the role requirements. Through our interview process we’ll work with you to ensure it's a fit for you and the specific role you’re interested in.
Ask us for a copy of our health and dental benefits!
🎉 Culture committee
Celebrate at every occasion with the culture team! They make sure that our team’s culture is bustling, with frequent fun events for holidays and special occasions, as well as for miscellaneous fun.
About GTY Technology Holdings Inc.
GTY Technology Holdings Inc. (“GTY”), a leading public sector technology company. Through its six business units, GTY offers an intuitive cloud-based suite of solutions for state and local governments, education institutions, and healthcare organizations spanning functions in procurement, payments, grant management, budgeting, and permitting.
GTY is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status concerning public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
For any inquiries or requests regarding accessibility at GTY, please email email@example.com or call our office at 1.877.707.7755. Upon request, appropriate accessible formats or arrangements will be provided as soon as practicable.
- Pay Type Salary
- Oakville, ON, Canada