Retail Supervisor Reynoldsburg-$300 Sign-ON Bonus
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
New hires that are offered from 11/13 – 11/30, will be eligible for a $300 sign on bonus. If you are in good standing at 60 days you will receive$100. If you are in good standing at 90 days you will receive $200.
You must have at least 1 year of supervisor experience in retail, food service, warehouse industries to be considered for this position.
Assist in the overall store operation, including the collection of donations, processing sales, supervising the activities of store personnel, cash operations, financial performance, loss control activities and administrative responsibilities as directed by the Store Leader.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist customers and donors in a timely and courteous manner.
- Ensure the quality and quantity of work performed by employees according to store policy as established by company standards.
- Ensure that the store and surrounding premises are kept neat, clean and orderly, and free of safety hazards and that safety procedures are understood and followed by all employees.
- Train and assist in evaluating employees in a thorough, organized and timely manner.
- Report and document any activities which may require corrective action to ensure acceptable employee performance according to policy.
- Comply with cash handling and security policies.
- Report and prevent any known potential losses and work to protect GWC assets.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Adhere to safe work practices and report any unsafe conditions or actions.
- Responsible for the store's operation in the Store Manager's and Assistant Manager’s absence; including, but not limited to opening/closing of the store, directing the activities of store personnel, ensuring that all sales transactions are rung up and reported accurately, and ensure that donated goods are processed appropriately.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school or equivalent education.
- Minimum of one year retail experience plus one year supervisory experience or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in dealing with customers and employees.
- Must exhibit a high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Ability to operate cash register and perform basic math calculations.
- Knowledge of computers and data input in order to upload reports.
- Ability to physically sort, carry, hang, and/or distribute merchandise to the sales floor.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
General retail store conditions. Exposed to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must have full range of motion and be able to stand, walk, bend, push, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds; heavier lifting occasionally needed.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computer, cash register and related store equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary an essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2675 Brice Rd, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068, USA