Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Retail Associate Job Description
Sort, price and display apparel, accessories, shoes, and other donated items to be sold at the retail store. Maintain orderliness of clothing racks, dressing rooms, and sales floor. Assist customers with purchases.
A day in the life: In a typical day, a Retail Associate can expect to...
- Inspect and sort all incoming clothing, accessories, shoes and other wares to determine if items are suitable for sale or in retail store.
- Determine appropriate pricing for items and place correct price on each piece.
- Distribute and unload racks of clothing to the sales floor.
- Stock shelves, counters, tables, or display cases with merchandise.
- Keep sales floor and dressing rooms clean and organized. Pick up and return items to appropriate rack or department.
- Act as store cashier when needed. Operate cash register, accept payment for purchases, and bag merchandise.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Report any known potential losses and work to protect GWC assets.
Goodwill Columbus Perks:
- Transform lives through workforce development and the power of work!
- Benefits: employee discount and competitive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
Retail Associate - Knowledge & Skills:
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in dealing with customers and employees.
- Ability to operate cash register and perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to physically sort, carry, hang, and/or distribute merchandise to the sales floor.
- Compassion to help and train others with disabilities and other barriers.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Retail Associate - Experience & Education:
- High school or equivalent education.
- One year or less of related experience required; retail experience helpful.
- Proud to be the sixth largest nonprofit organization in central Ohio and among the top 50 employers.
- Goodwill Columbus provides 1.2 million hours of training, job placement programs, and work programs for individuals with developmental disabilities and other barriers to employment
- Goodwill Columbus is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and employee growth, 50% of internal promotions in 2020 were people of color.
Goodwill Columbus is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce Goodwill Columbus will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org