Aviation Maint Technician (GSO-Maint)
About HAECO Americas
Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, with facilities in Lake City, FL, HAECO Americas is a global, world-class aviation company providing services ranging from aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products. HAECO Americas is one of the leading aviation corporations in the world. We pride ourselves on safe, high-quality aviation products and services for our customers, as well as security and growth for our most valuable asset -- our people.
Why HAECO Americas
A career with HAECO Americas is your chance to connect with a world leader in aircraft maintenance and interiors. Your career at HAECO will expose you to the best practices of aircraft maintenance on Boeing and Airbus wide-body and narrow-body jets for major airlines and operators. As a HAECO team member, you will learn from the industry’s best, pick up new skills, and continue your professional development. We offer a flexible, high-energy work environment with opportunities to innovate, learn and grow - doing work that matters. The sky is the limit on how far your potential could take you at HAECO Americas.
HAECO Americas offers an array of benefits designed with the health and welfare of our employees in mind.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Career Progression Program
- Paid Premiums for Certifications/Shifts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Certification Assistance and Tuition Reimbursements
- Collaborative and Safe Work Environment
The Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) is responsible to perform aircraft maintenance and/or repairs within estimated time in accordance with applicable HAECO Airframe Services ("HAECO"), FAA, and customer standards of quality. This includes organizing his/her work plan in an efficient and resourceful manner. The AMT is responsible to work in a safe manner, eliminating waste, and delivering a quality product on time.
- Perform such typical maintenance operations as the removal and replacement of aircraft and powerplant components that require bolting, torquing, adjusting, rigging, and safety wiring to include powerplant, and flight control removal/installation.
- Troubleshoot, repair, clean, service, modify, replace, and/or overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems using approved data to ensure airworthiness.
- Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish a specific task.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform work within estimated hours.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications with appropriate PPE.
- Execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned normal duties.
- Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, in a safe manner.
- Complete assignments with little or no rework.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments, and co-workers.
- Perform other work as instructed by the A&P Lead or Maintenance Supervisor, if qualified.
What you need: (Requirements)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Eighteen (18) months or more of aircraft maintenance experience on transport category aircraft or military aircraft
- Must provide own tools as indicated on company tool list.
- Language (read, write, speak, and understand English).
- Must be able to learn through OJT and demonstrate progress in competencies.
- Be capable of reading and understanding aircraft maintenance instructions.
- Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time and climb ladders and/or service stands.
- Subject to noise more than 85 dbs.
- Must be able to breathe through a full-face respirator. Employees with facial hair will be required to purchase a hood to meet respirator requirements.
- Capable of lifting fifty (50) pounds.
- Job requires participation in the DOT random drug and alcohol testing program.
- Normal or corrective hearing.
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/40 corrected.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and requires the use of all safety equipment.
- Completion of military or civil aviation maintenance instruction and/or training programs.
This company considers candidates without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.
- Job Family Direct
- Job Function A&P
- Pay Type Hourly