NDT Technician (GSO-QC)
NDT Technician - 2nd Shift
About HAECO Americas
Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, with facilities in Lake City, FL, HAECO Americas is a global, world-class aviation company providing services ranging from aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products. HAECO Americas is one of the leading aviation corporations in the world. We pride ourselves on safe, high-quality aviation products and services for our customers, as well as security and growth for our most valuable asset -- our people.
Why HAECO Americas
A career with HAECO Americas is your chance to connect with a world leader in aircraft maintenance and interiors. Your career at HAECO will expose you to the best practices of aircraft maintenance on Boeing and Airbus wide-body and narrow-body jets for major airlines and operators. As a HAECO team member, you will learn from the industry’s best, pick up new skills, and continue your professional development. We offer a flexible, high-energy work environment with opportunities to innovate, learn and grow - doing work that matters. The sky is the limit on how far your potential could take you at HAECO Americas.
HAECO Americas offers an array of benefits designed with the health and welfare of our employees in mind.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Career Progression Program
- Paid Premiums for Certifications/Shifts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Certification Assistance and Tuition Reimbursements
- Collaborative and Safe Work Environment
The Non Destructive Testing Technician performs various methods of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) on various aircraft and aircraft engine components for which the repair station is rated. Methods to include: Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, Eddy Current, and Ultrasonic Testing and manufacturers’ recommendations and industry standard practices. Qualifications are based on SNT TC-1A, ATA 105 and NAS 410.
- Identify discrepancies on aircraft and components using non destructive inspection techniques.
- Ensure proper NDT techniques, procedures, standards, specifications, and procedures are used.
- Set-up/calibrate equipment and interpret/evaluate results with respect to applicable standards and specifications.
- Establish techniques and prepare written instructions and determine acceptance criteria.
- Train through (OJT) NDT Level I personnel for certification in those NDT methods of which the NDT Level II or Level III is certified. Comply with requirements and follow guidance of the HAECO NDT manual.
- Comply with other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager/Chief Inspector
- Document all experience on appropriate forms.
What you need: (Requirements)
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English Language.
- Two (2) or more years working as a aircraft NDT technician, graduation from an approved NDT training Course with certification or certified per a military MOS or training course with verifiable practical experience.
- Have a general familiarity with other appropriate NDT methods, as demonstrated by the ASNT (American Society for Nondestructive Testing) Basic Examination or other means.
- Shall have received at least the minimum hours of training as specified in the HAECO NDT Procedures manual to level 1 for each NDT method in which they are to be certified. These hours are required to meet the minimum requirements of SNT-TC-1A, ATA Specification 105 or NAS 410E.
- Have sufficient practical background knowledge in applicable materials, fabrication, and product technology.
- Documentation of experience and certification from prior employer or any other facility with an approved training program may be utilized to meet these requirements.
- Must have been previously certified to at least Level II in a minimum of 2 the 4 methods listed above.
- Must have an FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate or be eligible for appropriate Repairman Certificate.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Subject to continual loud noise.
- Must have near vision, corrected or uncorrected, or at least 20/25 and distance vision, corrected or uncorrected, of at least 20/30. Must pass a color contrast differentiation test.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and stand for prolonged periods of time, climb steps, ladders, and / or service stands.
- Should not generally have a fear of heights or confined spaces.
This company considers candidates without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.
- Job Family Direct
- Job Function Inspectors
- Pay Type Hourly