Composites Mech. (GSO-Back)
Composite Mechanic - 2nd Shift
About HAECO Americas
Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, with facilities in Lake City, FL, HAECO Americas is a global, world-class aviation company providing services ranging from aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products. HAECO Americas is one of the leading aviation corporations in the world. We pride ourselves on safe, high-quality aviation products and services for our customers, as well as security and growth for our most valuable asset -- our people.
Why HAECO Americas
A career with HAECO Americas is your chance to connect with a world leader in aircraft maintenance and interiors. Your career at HAECO will expose you to the best practices of aircraft maintenance on Boeing and Airbus wide-body and narrow-body jets for major airlines and operators. As a HAECO team member, you will learn from the industry’s best, pick up new skills, and continue your professional development. We offer a flexible, high-energy work environment with opportunities to innovate, learn and grow - doing work that matters. The sky is the limit on how far your potential could take you at HAECO Americas.
HAECO Americas offers an array of benefits designed with the health and welfare of our employees in mind.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Career Progression Program
- Paid Premiums for Certifications/Shifts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Certification Assistance and Tuition Reimbursements
- Collaborative and Safe Work Environment
The Composites Mechanic performs aircraft maintenance and/or repairs within estimated time and in accordance with applicable "HAECO Americas", FAA, and customer standards of quality. This includes organizing his or her work plan in an efficient and resourceful manner. The Composites Mechanic is responsible to work in a safe manner, eliminating waste, and delivering a quality product on time.
- Fabricate parts as required.
- Layout and perform complex structural repairs.
- Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish a specific task.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform work within estimated hours.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
- Execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned normal duties.
- Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, in a safe manner.
- Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments with little or no rework.
- Assist other employees in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling, and guidance.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments, and co-workers.
What you need: (Requirements)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must provide own tools as indicated on company tool list.
- Language (read, write, speak, and understand English).
- Two (2) or more years technical experience in a composite repair/manufacture or aviation related metal bond composite environment or two (2) or more years proven experience with HAECO.
Subject to noise in excess of 85 dB
- Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time and climb ladders and/or service stands.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and requires the use of all safety equipment.
- Must be able to breathe through a full face respirator.
- Job required participation in the DOT random drug and alcohol testing program.
- Normal or corrected hearing.
- Capable of lifting fifty (50) pounds.
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/40 corrected.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant or FAA Airframe certificate.
This company considers candidates without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.
- Job Family Direct
- Job Function Backshops
- Pay Type Hourly