Avionics Lead (GSO-Maint)
Avionics Lead - 2nd Shift
About HAECO Americas
Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, with facilities in Lake City, FL, HAECO Americas is a global, world-class aviation company providing services ranging from aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products. HAECO Americas is one of the leading aviation corporations in the world. We pride ourselves on safe, high-quality aviation products and services for our customers, as well as security and growth for our most valuable asset -- our people.
Why HAECO Americas
A career with HAECO Americas is your chance to connect with a world leader in aircraft maintenance and interiors. Your career at HAECO will expose you to the best practices of aircraft maintenance on Boeing and Airbus wide-body and narrow-body jets for major airlines and operators. As a HAECO team member, you will learn from the industry’s best, pick up new skills, and continue your professional development. We offer a flexible, high-energy work environment with opportunities to innovate, learn and grow - doing work that matters. The sky is the limit on how far your potential could take you at HAECO Americas.
HAECO Americas offers an array of benefits designed with the health and welfare of our employees in mind.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Career Progression Program
- Paid Premiums for Certifications/Shifts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Certification Assistance and Tuition Reimbursements
- Collaborative and Safe Work Environment
The Lead Mechanic is responsible for ensuring that the people assigned to their crew complete their tasks safely, in full compliance with all manuals and procedures while maintaining quality and productivity standards.
- Ensure that every person assigned to a job has the correct work instructions, tools, PPE and applicable references available and is familiar with what is required to complete the task.
- Assure proper documentation for work performed by assigned employees, reflecting the status of the job
- Directly oversee the work performed by any individuals who are unfamiliar with the methods, techniques, practices, aids, equipment, and tools used to perform any maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alterations
- Verify qualifications of assigned employees to ensure only properly trained and qualified employees are assigned to each task
- Assure accurate accomplishment of work by assigned employee
- Assure work performed in accordance with all manuals, procedure and data.
- Review work performed by assigned technicians prior to submission to inspection for acceptance.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental compliance.
- Conduct start of shift meetings to inform team members of any day to day issues
- Provide an accurate and complete turnover to next shift lead and supervision for proper visit tracking
- Work side by side with mechanics requiring training or mentoring.
- Work maintenance tasks as time allows and be involved in significant events (ie. Eng removal/install, FLT control removal/install, acft jacking/down-jacking, ACFT weigh jobs, ACFT movement, etc.)
- Provide development of assigned technicians by providing OJT or mentoring as necessary for High school education or equivalent2 years experience performing as an accomplished aircraft mechanic on heavy commercial aircraft, or 1 year previously demonstrated ability within HAECO.
What you need: (Requirements)
- Capable of interpreting drawings and blueprints to accomplish a specific task
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate required for A&P Lead Mechanics. Airframe certificate or Repairman’s certificate is required for remaining skills.
- Must have good general knowledge of flight controls, rigging, aircraft systems, landing gear, engines, and hydraulics
- Must understand and follow maintenance manuals and IPC
- Read, write and understand the English language
- Must have own tools as required by Company tool list
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to wear and breathe through a full-face respirator.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and requires the use of all safety equipment.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel and stand for prolonged periods of time, climb ladders and stands.
- Visual Acuity must be a minimum of 20/40 corrected and must be able to distinguish color.
- Normal or corrected hearing.
- Must be able to access all areas of the aircraft.
This company considers candidates without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.
- Job Family Direct
- Job Function Avionics
- Pay Type Hourly