Shipping Clerk I (GSO-Stores)
Shipping Clerk I - 1st Shift
About HAECO Americas
Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, with facilities in Lake City, FL, HAECO Americas is a global, world-class aviation company providing services ranging from aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products. HAECO Americas is one of the leading aviation corporations in the world. We pride ourselves on safe, high-quality aviation products and services for our customers, as well as security and growth for our most valuable asset -- our people.
Why HAECO Americas
A career with HAECO Americas is your chance to connect with a world leader in aircraft maintenance and interiors. Your career at HAECO will expose you to the best practices of aircraft maintenance on Boeing and Airbus wide-body and narrow-body jets for major airlines and operators. As a HAECO team member, you will learn from the industry’s best, pick up new skills, and continue your professional development. We offer a flexible, high-energy work environment with opportunities to innovate, learn and grow - doing work that matters. The sky is the limit on how far your potential could take you at HAECO Americas.
HAECO Americas offers an array of benefits designed with the health and welfare of our employees in mind.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Career Progression Program
- Paid Premiums for Certifications/Shifts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Certification Assistance and Tuition Reimbursements
- Collaborative and Safe Work Environment
The duties of the Shipping Clerk I is to confirm and ship all customer and company material including, but not limited to, hazardous material, large aircraft parts i.e., flaps, elevators, etc., and any items to their requested destination by use of proper FAA, DOT, and ICAO/IATA regulations.
- Ship serviceable and unserviceable customer material back to the customer.
- Ship repairable components to vendors for overhaul as required by Customer/HAECO.
- Ship sales orders to vendors as required by Purchasing.
- Identify, package, and ship hazardous material in accordance with FAA, DOT, and ICAO/IATA regulations.
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork and tags are properly completed as per Customer, HAECO, and Federal regulations.
- Ensure each part is well identified and photographed before packaging and inside packaging.
- Verify information on HAECO shipping ticket is accurate according to the item and shipping instructions provided.
- Ensure each part is properly capped / prepared prior to shipping.
- Ensure all material awaiting shipment is properly stored per HAECO/Customer procedures.
- Assist with construction of shipping crates, containers, boxes, etc. as required.
- Ensure that the shipping area is kept clean, safe, and in an orderly condition.
- Assist with providing a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
What you need (Requirements)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to complete mandatory IATA/49 CFR training/certification.
- Must have basic carpentry skills.
- Perform basic computer skills.
- Able to operate forklift, pallet jack, banding machine, and carpentry power tools.
- Must be a self-starter requiring minimum supervision.
- Must possess good teamwork and communication skills.
- Subject to continuous loud noises.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and/or service stands, bend, and stoop, kneel, and stand for long periods of time.
- Aviation background
- Minimum of (2) years Shipping experience
- Demonstrated ability to obtain a valid driver’s license
This company considers candidates without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.
- Job Family Supply Chn, Planning, Control
- Job Function Materials
- Pay Type Hourly