Facilities Mechanic I (GSO-Facilities)
About HAECO Americas
Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, with facilities in Lake City, FL, HAECO Americas is a global, world-class aviation company providing services ranging from aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products. HAECO Americas is one of the leading aviation corporations in the world. We pride ourselves on safe, high-quality aviation products and services for our customers, as well as security and growth for our most valuable asset -- our people.
Why HAECO Americas
A career with HAECO Americas is your chance to connect with a world leader in aircraft maintenance and interiors. Your career at HAECO will expose you to the best practices of aircraft maintenance on Boeing and Airbus wide-body and narrow-body jets for major airlines and operators. As a HAECO team member, you will learn from the industry’s best, pick up new skills, and continue your professional development. We offer a flexible, high-energy work environment with opportunities to innovate, learn and grow - doing work that matters. The sky is the limit on how far your potential could take you at HAECO Americas.
HAECO Americas offers an array of benefits designed with the health and welfare of our employees in mind.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Career Progression Program
- Paid Premiums for Certifications/Shifts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Certification Assistance and Tuition Reimbursements
- Collaborative and Safe Work Environment
To perform duties related to the maintenance repair and monitoring of physical plant and grounds as directed by the Facilities Team Lead and Facilities Maintenance Manager.
- The maintenance and upkeep of the plant grounds and equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on facility systems per standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for inspection and maintenance of fire extinguishers and safety related equipment.
- Assist senior technicians in the maintenance and repair of electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Assist in basic remodeling and construction projects.
- Troubleshooting of mechanical equipment.
What you need: (Requirements)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of (2) two years in all building maintenance trades.
- Possess moderate understanding of general aspects of facility maintenance
- General custodial experience.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet company requirements for insurance coverage for driving a company vehicle.
- Have a complete set of tools.
- Must be able to accommodate 24 hour on call departmental rotation schedule.
- Understanding of computer systems as required for entry of work tickets.
- Must be able to perform duties using high reach lifts.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Working knowledge and ability to safely operate most powered hand tools.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- A normal range of pulmonary functions test is required and physiological determination of the ability to wear a respirator and other safety equipment as necessary.
- Ability to use required safety equipment for the handling of hazardous materials.
- Duties require typical bending, stooping, reaching, stretching, climbing stairs, etc., handling supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Visual Acuity must be a minimum of 20/40 corrected and must be able to distinguish color.
- Normal or corrected hearing.
This company considers candidates without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.
- Job Family Support Roles
- Job Function Facilities
- Pay Type Hourly