Aircraft Painter Lead (LCQ-Maint)
Aircraft Painter Lead - 2nd Shift
Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, and facilities in Lake City, FL, HAECO Americas is a global, world-class aviation company providing services in aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul. HAECO Americas is one of the leading aviation corporations in the world. We pride ourselves on safe, high-quality aviation products and services for our customers, as well as security and growth for our most valuable asset -- our people.
Why HAECO Americas
A career with HAECO Americas is your chance to connect with a world leader in aircraft maintenance. Your career at HAECO will expose you to the best practices of aircraft maintenance on Boeing and Airbus wide-body and narrow-body jets for major airlines and operators. As a HAECO team member, you will learn from the industry’s best, pick up new skills, and continue your professional development. We offer a flexible, high-energy work environment with opportunities to innovate, learn and grow - doing work that matters. The sky is the limit on how far your potential could take you at HAECO Americas.
HAECO Americas offers an array of benefits designed with the health and welfare of our employees in mind.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Career Progression Program
- Paid Premiums for Certifications/Shifts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Certification Assistance and Tuition Reimbursements
- Collaborative and Safe Work Environment
Aircraft Painter Lead
Reporting to the Aircraft Paint Supervisor, the Aircraft Painter Lead is a working member of his/her crew who is charged with leading a team. The Aircraft Paint Lead is responsible for ensuring that the people assigned to their crew complete their tasks safely and in compliance with all manuals and procedures while maintaining quality and productivity standards.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensures that proper FAA approved technical data is used and available to the crew.
- Assigns work to crew members according to skill in effort to maximize utilization.
- Ensures assigned crew members are qualified and that they use proper procedures, manual references and tools in accomplishing their tasks.
- Develops assigned staff by providing OJT or mentoring as necessary for new or entry level assigned aircraft painters.
- Works tasks as time allows and is involved in significant events.
- Provides an accurate and complete turnover to next shift lead for proper visit tracking.
- Provides estimates for jobs within area of responsibility as required.
- Obtains customer approval on additional or revised estimates as required.
- Responsible for material ordered and usage. Ensures documentation is complete for chemical usage and waste.
- Coordinates with GSE to ensure the required flow of necessary equipment.
- Monitors work progress in all stages to completion for adherence to guidelines and standards.
- Verifies qualifications of assigned employees to ensure only properly trained and qualified employees are assigned to each task.
- Works in compliance with all Administrative, Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures as outlined in Company policies.
- Conducts shift meetings to discuss work plan and shares information to be passed down as appropriate.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by Aircraft Paint Supervisor
Accountable to Aircraft Paint Supervisor
- A&P Certification or HAECO Repairman Certification with appropriate limitation for aircraft paint
- Repairman Certification with appropriate limitation for aircraft paint or Airframe certification
- Two (2) years of experience performing as an accomplished aircraft mechanic on heavy commercial aircraft
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Normal or corrected hearing
- Visual acuity must be a minimum of 20/40 corrected and must be able to distinguish color
- Must be able to breathe through a full-face respirator
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and requires the use of all safety equipment
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel and stand for prolonged periods of time, climb ladders and stands
- Must be able to access all areas of the aircraft.
- Frequent exposure to the outside hangar areas for meetings and employee relations functions for varying lengths of time.
“This company considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.”
- Job Family Direct
- Job Function Paint
- Pay Type Hourly