A/P Mechanic (GSO-Maint)
Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic - 3rd Shift
About HAECO Americas
Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, with facilities in Lake City, FL, HAECO Americas is a global, world-class aviation company providing services ranging from aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products. HAECO Americas is one of the leading aviation corporations in the world. We pride ourselves on safe, high-quality aviation products and services for our customers, as well as security and growth for our most valuable asset -- our people.
Why HAECO Americas
A career with HAECO Americas is your chance to connect with a world leader in aircraft maintenance and interiors. Your career at HAECO will expose you to the best practices of aircraft maintenance on Boeing and Airbus wide-body and narrow-body jets for major airlines and operators. As a HAECO team member, you will learn from the industry’s best, pick up new skills, and continue your professional development. We offer a flexible, high-energy work environment with opportunities to innovate, learn and grow - doing work that matters. The sky is the limit on how far your potential could take you at HAECO Americas.
HAECO Americas offers an array of benefits designed with the health and welfare of our employees in mind.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Career Progression Program
- Paid Premiums for Certifications/Shifts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Certification Assistance and Tuition Reimbursements
- Collaborative and Safe Work Environment
The A&P Mechanic is responsible to perform aircraft maintenance and/or repairs in accordance with applicable "HAECO Airframe Services", FAA, and customer standards of quality. This includes organizing his/her work plan in an efficient and resourceful manner. The A&P Mechanic is responsible to work in a safe manner, eliminating waste, and delivering a quality product.
- Perform such typical maintenance operations as the removal and replacement of aircraft and powerplant components that require bolting, torquing, adjusting, rigging, and safety wiring to include powerplant, and flight control removal/installation.
- Troubleshoot, repair, clean, service, inspect, modify, replace, and/or overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems using approved/acceptable data to ensure airworthiness.
- Follow all applicable instructions for Continued Airworthiness without exception to accomplish a specific task.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform work with efficiency to minimize time required to perform the task.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications with appropriate PPE.
- Maintain work documentation reflective of progress for work being accomplished.
- Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, in a safe manner.
- Complete assignments with little or no rework.
- Act as a mentor and help train less experienced technicians.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments, and co-workers.
- Perform other work as instructed by the A&P Lead or Maintenance Supervisor.
What you need: (Requirements)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate.
- Must provide own tools as indicated on company tool list.
- Language (read, write, speak, and understand English).
- Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time and climb ladders and/or service stands.
- Subject to noise more than 85 db.
- Must be able to be fitted with a full-face respirator. Employees with facial hair will be required to purchase a hood to meet respirator requirements.
- Capable of lifting fifty (50) pounds.
- Job requires participation in the DOT random drug and alcohol testing program.
- Normal or corrective hearing.
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/40 corrected.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and requires the use of all safety equipment.
- Two (2) years aircraft maintenance experience on transport category aircraft.
“This company considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.”
- Job Family Direct
- Job Function A&P
- Pay Type Hourly