GSE Mechanic (LCQ)
About HAECO Americas
Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, with facilities in Lake City, FL, HAECO Americas is a global, world-class aviation company providing services ranging from aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products. HAECO Americas is one of the leading aviation corporations in the world. We pride ourselves on safe, high-quality aviation products and services for our customers, as well as security and growth for our most valuable asset -- our people.
Why HAECO Americas
A career with HAECO Americas is your chance to connect with a world leader in aircraft maintenance and interiors. Your career at HAECO will expose you to the best practices of aircraft maintenance on Boeing and Airbus wide-body and narrow-body jets for major airlines and operators. As a HAECO team member, you will learn from the industry’s best, pick up new skills, and continue your professional development. We offer a flexible, high-energy work environment with opportunities to innovate, learn and grow - doing work that matters. The sky is the limit on how far your potential could take you at HAECO Americas.
HAECO Americas offers an array of benefits designed with the health and welfare of our employees in mind.
- Comprehensive Benefit Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Career Progression Program
- Paid Premiums for Certifications/Shifts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Certification Assistance and Tuition Reimbursements
- Collaborative and Safe Work Environment
Troubleshoot and repair gasoline engines, diesel engines, automotive electrical systems, hydraulic systems and drive train. Must perform tasks within budget and within HAECO, FAA, and customer’s standards of quality. The GSE mechanic is responsible to work in a safe manner eliminating waste and delivering a quality product on time.
- Possess working knowledge of Detroit, CAT, DeutchCummins, John Deere and Perkins diesel engines.
- Troubleshoot and repair wiring on automotive units.
- Be familiar with gasoline engines (2.3 Ford, 300 Ford, VH4S Wisconsin, Briggs, Straton, and others).
- Possess working knowledge of hydraulic components.
- Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the HAECO Team Member Safety Manual.
- Possess the ability to detect problems and implement corrections on diesel, gasoline engines, hydraulics and electrical systems.
What you need: (Requirements)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Minimum three (3) years experience as fleet maintenance or automotive/diesel engines.
- Must be familiar with hand tools and testing.
- Must have own toolbox with minimum tools for GSE.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Valid Florida driver’s license required.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds unassisted.
- Subject to continual loud noises.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, stand for prolonged periods of time, climb steps, ladders and/or service stands.
- Normal or corrected hearing and vision are required.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and requires use of all safety equipment.
- Normal mental and visual attention along with manual coordination for job duties is necessary for use of hand tools and equipment controls.
- Sense of smell is required to detect orders for safety purposes.
- Must be able to crawl under, climb over, and push equipment to perform repairs.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift, crane and manlifts.
This company considers candidates without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and national origin.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function GSE
- Pay Type Hourly