Training and Education Lead
Position Title: Training and Education Lead
Department: Human Resources and Training
Grade Range/Job Status: Full Time/ Non-Exempt -Hourly
Reporting Relationship: Training and Education Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: NA
Typical Schedule: Primarily M-F Days. Must occasionally be willing and able to work flexible hours/days, including evenings and weekends, reflective of the dynamic schedule of the organization.
The Training and Education Lead reporting to the Training and Education Manager demonstrates a complement of diverse skills in workforce development which includes experience managing a database system, (similar to a Learning Management System), and the application of strategic thinking to organizational training requirements. Must demonstrate the ability to identify employee training needs including the orientation process for new hires. Demonstrates leadership qualities that enhance the collaborative process with a variety of teams, teaches and creates curriculum content related to the adult learner, demonstrates a creative utilization of technical resources including eLearning development, and experiential background and knowledge in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities. All employees are expected to center, model and champion the Hammer/NER’s core values of Person-Centered, Relational, Opportunistic, and Stewardship in order to provide people with intellectual and other disabilities with the opportunity to live life to its fullest.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Learning Management System Administration
- Serves as an Administrative Lead for LMS 365 system.
- Provides support to all staff as needed in navigating the Training Portal.
- Provides guidance to employees for accessing and troubleshooting, training courses and quizzes.
- Tracks completion of courses for workforce.
- Participates in various required reporting processes, including providing supporting data for licensing reviews and daily reporting functions within the training portal.
- Training Development.
- Develops curriculum for eLearning and in-person courses. Including: Assessing educational needs, formulating objectives, and learning goals, and selecting valuable content and learning experience.
- Lead Developer for specialized training. Collaborate with the training director, program department, and nursing team to establish training needs, and content goals.
- Provides end user support and training for tech applications, specific to program-related training needs.
- Training Instruction
- Instructor for new hire orientation - Includes: collaboration with department teams, mastery of content presentation, understanding of what is needed for each departmental role, and follow-up communication with new employees and supervisors.
- Teach CPR classes throughout the year and completes instructor re-certification training every two years.
- Provides eLearning instruction. Instructs courses on the training portal via audio recording utilizing teaching strategies that meet a variety of adult learning styles. Includes the use of providing closed caption tools.
- Teaches additional classes as needed to meet ongoing training needs of the workforce.
- Project Work
- Reviews and updates orientation checklists: for ongoing improvement needs.
- Program manager training contact person -provides general class guidance to participants and a back-up Instructor.
- Partners with director on manager mentor programs. Collaborates with the training team for mentor/mentee matching, and program participants.
- Attend program department meetings including: Second Century and monthly manager meetings,
- Participates in various projects with human resources/training team.
Essential Knowledge and Qualifications
- Must possess familiarity with human service work that includes supporting people in our communities living with developmental disabilities.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills in oral and written formats with individuals or group level.
- Demonstrated experience writing learning goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated successful experience managing multiple projects and priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner for a mid-sized organization.
- Demonstrated experience providing training support and/or teaching adult learners.
- Demonstrated expertise and proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products, specifically Excel, Word, and Power Point. Will be trained on mastery of Office365 Learning Management System’s reporting features, Course Development, and Navigation.
- Experience exercising professional discretion and maintaining confidentiality regarding all training and human resource-related matters.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work diplomatically with a wide variety of people, possess strong organizational skills and complete tasks with a high attention to detail.
- Experience, ability, and commitment to working with individuals and teams that are mixed across lines of difference such as race, gender-identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class, and immigrant status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $27.30
- Travel Required Yes
- White Bear Lake, MN, USA