Desktop Engineer III
All Native Group is seeking a Desktop Engineer III (Senior level Desktop Engineer) with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in the areas and performing the types of actions listed in the following “Essential Functions” and “Competencies” discussions. Successful candidates must have TOP SECRET security clearance, must be a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). Candidate must have an active Help Desk Institute (HDI) Desktop Support Technician Certification and experience using the Remedy Ticketing system (ARS). Essential functions include installing new hardware and maintaining existing hardware, responding to and resolving incidents, training end users in use of equipment and software, performing upgrades and replacing systems on a scheduled basis, accomplishing the procurement of all equipment, materials, and supplies for operations and maintenance, and support projects/programs as needed (See “Essential Functions” for more detailed listing) The customer prefers candidates demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience working with LAN/WAN including wireless interfaces, experience performing analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design and installation of new and existing personal computer systems, and experience supporting quality management activities and business process re-engineering. (See “Competencies” for more detailed listing)
- Possess/demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Supports the completion of all projects/programs as needed
- Under general supervision, performs analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design and installation of new and existing personal computer systems
- Works on moderately complex applications
- Confers with end users to determine types of hardware and software
- Writes programs to fulfill requirements or selects appropriate off-the-shelf software and modifies them to suit the situation
- Maintains or utilizes telecommunications protocols, as required
- Installs new hardware and maintains existing hardware
- Trains end users in use of equipment and software
- Provides cable and conduit services
- Upgrades and replaces systems on a scheduled basis
- Installs new systems
- Fulfills service requests for all voice and data service “moves, adds, changes, and disconnects
- Manages and maintains computer equipment rooms within the National Capital Area Region (NCR)
- Responds to and resolves incidents
- Accomplishes process configuration updates based on service changes
- Processes financial transactions based on service changes
- Conducts quality management activities and business process re-engineering
- Accomplishes procurement of all equipment, materials, and supplies for operations and maintenance
- Must be a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- Must have an active Help Desk Institute (HDI) Desktop Support Technician (DST) Certification with experience using the Remedy Ticketing system (ARS)
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and writing). May interact with the government customer and senior government leadership leaders at the highest levels, prefer those who have experience and skills in this area.
- Experience working with Riverbed SteelFusion, desired
- Experience working with LAN/WAN including wireless interfaces, desired
- Experience performing analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design and installation of new and existing personal computer systems, desired
- Experience supporting quality management activities and business process re-engineering, desired
- Experience with Windows migrations and active directory upgrades, desired
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs to support the implementation of STIG settings on file and print services, DNS, Domain Controllers and application servers, desired
- Experience managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Window Server 2012, to include 2012 STIG deployment, desired
- Experience building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows servers in multi-tenant enterprise environments, desired
- Experience working with Enterprise Backup software, desired
- Experience maintaining harden Windows operating systems to STIG compliance, desired
- Experience managing Active Directory architecture and replication in a multi domain environment, desired
- Experience accomplishing Active Directory design, desired
- Experience working with large scale datacenter design and operations, desired
- Experience working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMWare) required
- Experience utilizing VB/Powershell to automate common functions, desired
- Experience migrating large infrastructures from physical to virtual environments, desired
- Experience/awareness of SCCM methodologies, desired
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification, desired
- Experience working with web servers, databases, networks, cabling, new installations and migrations, and security scanning tools is required
- Experience deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2016 STIG, desired
- Experience writing shell scripts and utility programs for Windows system maintenance is also a plus
Limited supervisory actions may be required for this position based on customer need and candidate’s training/experience.
This job operates in a professional office environment within the continental US with occasional travel to offices within the National Capital Region and Georgia. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between the core hours of 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- A minimum of five (5) years' relevant experience is required for this position
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree is preferred.
- Must have IAT II, T3 and Security + certificates are mandatory for anyone to come on to the program
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be MCSE certified
- Must be active HDI DST certified
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pursuant to Executive Order 14043, this position requires full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws. #LI-TB1
- Job Family IT / Cyber Security / Network Systems
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA