Hoffmaster Group Inc, is an industry leader producing the most complete line of specialty disposable tabletop products for over 75 years. Hoffmaster competes in three distinct business segments – Foodservice, Consumer, and E-Commerce. Our products can be found in thousands of retailers, restaurants, hotels, and more. As a customer centric company, we strive to deliver innovative solutions to both our customers and the ultimate end users of our products. This Innovation is a key part of what we do here at Hoffmaster, and we continue to drive the industry forward by investing in our employees and state-of-the-art technology..
The Plant Engineer performs work associated with the design, building, repair, and maintenance of manufacturing plants and their machinery.
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinates and Manages activities, including costs, timelines, and performance agreements, relevant to capital and other identified projects.
- Develops project-specific capital and expense budgets. Responsible for Performance against those budgets
- Responsible for managing capital projects and teams in line with corporate strategy
- Periodically supervises projects and employees/staff
- Resources and works as an internal liaison between plant staff and vendors during project planning and implementation
- Gathers and analyzes data from relevant sources to identify trends and implement changes to improve operating efficiency of facility, lower costs, and improve safety and quality performance
- Provides technical support through problem resolution (Root Cause Analysis), preventive/predictive maintenance, and asset optimization, etc.
- Creates and modifies procedures as needed to maximize equipment and maintenance operations.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of the latest developments and technologies relative to machine reliability, asset management, and maintenance operations.
- Assists with New Product Development.
- Provides active support and participation in safety-related projects as an active member of the Hoffmaster safety culture.
- Follows and maintains all Food Safety, GMP, and HACCP Guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preforms work under general supervision
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Ability to develop and lead projects within a stated deadline
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to assist others
- Experience in technical manufacturing support roles. Experience in paper or film converting preferred
- Proficient user in Microsoft Office Suite and 2D CAD software, including DraftSight and/or AutoCAD. Proficiency in 3D CAD software, including SolidWorks preferred
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent
Hoffmaster Group Inc.
Learn more about our multiple locations!
At Hoffmaster, we believe every person deserves to feel successful. That’s why we provide a total rewards package designed to support our employee’s success –at work, at home, and in life. This includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurances, Student loan and Tuition assistance, physical and mental wellness programs, Paid vacation and holidays, Employee Assistance Program, and more!
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.