Continuous Improvement Engineer - Sparks
Sparks, NV, USA Req #139
Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Hoffmaster Group Inc, is an industry leader producing the most complete line of specialty disposable tabletop products for over 75 years. Hoffmaster competes in three distinct business segments – Foodservice, Consumer, and E-Commerce. Our products can be found in thousands of retailers, restaurants, hotels, and more. As a customer centric company, we strive to deliver innovative solutions to both our customers and the ultimate end users of our products. This Innovation is a key part of what we do here at Hoffmaster, and we continue to drive the industry forward by investing in our employees and state-of-the-art technology..
Primary Purpose of the Role
Performs work associated with the design, building, repair, and maintenance of manufacturing plants and their machinery.
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinates and manages activities, including costs, timelines, and performance agreements, relevant to capital and other identified projects.
- Develops project-specific capital and expense budgets. Responsible for performance against those budgets.
- Responsible for managing capital projects and teams in line with corporate strategy.
- Periodically supervises projects and employees/staff.
- Note: Accountability for both projects and people is expected and not needing to be stated.
- Resources and works as an internal liaison between plant staff and vendors during project planning and implementation.
- Gathers and analyzes data from relevant sources to identify trends and implement changes to improve operating efficiency of facility, lower costs, and improve safety and quality performance.
- Provides technical support through problem resolution (Root Cause Analysis), preventive/predictive maintenance, and asset optimization, etc.
- Creates and modifies procedures as needed to maximize equipment and maintenance operations.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of the latest developments and technologies relative to machine reliability, asset management, and maintenance operations.
- Assists with New Product Development.
- Provides active support and participation in safety-related projects as an active member of the Hoffmaster safety culture.
- Follows and maintains all Food Safety, GMP, and HACCP Guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skill and Abilities
- Performs work under general supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop and lead projects within a stated deadline.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to assist others.
- Experience in technical manufacturing support roles, including internships and co-ops.
- Experience working in paper or film converting and/or printing a plus.
- Proficient user in Microsoft Office Suite and 2D CAD software, including DraftSight and/or AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software, including SolidWorks, a plus.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary
- Sparks, NV, USA