Administrative Assistant - Business and Commercial Litigation
Founded in 1856, Harris Beach and its subsidiaries provide a full range of legal and professional services for clients across New York state, as well as nationally and internationally. Harris Beach is among the country’s top law firms as ranked by The National Law Journal. Clients include Fortune 100 corporations, privately-held companies, emerging businesses, public sector entities, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. Principal industries Harris Beach represents include education, energy, financial, food and beverage, health care, insurance, manufacturing, medical and life sciences, real estate developers, and state and local governments and authorities. The firm’s more than 200 lawyers practice among offices throughout New York state in Albany, Buffalo, Ithaca, New York City, Rochester, Saratoga Springs, Syracuse, Uniondale, Washington, D.C. and White Plains, as well as in New Haven, Connecticut and Newark, New Jersey.
Location: White Plains, NY (100% in office)
Do you enjoy legal administrative projects? Do you have experience in a litigation practice? Are you excited about the opportunity to join an innovative, growing law firm that has been successful for more than 165 years?
The Business & Commercial Litigation attorneys at Harris Beach are in search of a high performing, legal professional with a cooperative, positive, and flexible attitude! You will THRIVE in this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant in litigation, including motion practice and filling procedures in state and federal courts (e-filing)
- Sound judgment and a sense of accountability for working independently and proactively
- Exceptional oral and written communication, including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form, and style
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel. Experience with NetDocs, Aderant, Intellistat, Chrome River, and ShareFile is preferred but not required
- Excellent client service and listening skills for anticipating needs of clients and attorneys
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for professional correspondence via letters and email, and via phone with clients, courts, counsel, etc. Do you have the DRIVE and DESIRE to:
- Manage multiple phone lines and transmit messages accurately and promptly
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and Fedex
- Process check requests, expense reimbursements, and invoices
- Coordinate work through office and messenger services for the prompt production and delivery of documents
- Maintain calendars and schedule appointments, meetings, and conference calls
Harris Beach recognizes everyone has a right to be included. You will be SUCCESSFUL in your career at the firm if you:
- Demonstrate consistent logic, rationale, and objectivity in decision making
- Believe in the firm’s core values: integrity, support, ingenuity, teamwork, and inclusion
- Enjoy working with diverse personalities within various levels of the firm
- Are comfortable working in the office every day (Monday - Friday)
Harris Beach is committed to an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from diverse candidates with varied backgrounds and skills, including military experience. Harris Beach PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary information below will vary depending upon relevant experience for the position, geographic locations and weekly hours schedule. The anticipated weekly schedule for the Administrative Assistant is 35 hours per week.
The firm’s policy prohibiting unlawful discrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, placement, assignment of duties, training, promotion, compensation & benefits and termination. It is the policy of Harris Beach PLLC that all applicants and employees enjoy a positive, respectful and productive work environment, free from behavior, actions or language constituting unlawful harassment. Accordingly, harassment or discrimination of any kind based on an individual’s race or color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition, carrier status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, creed, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status is strictly prohibited. Harris Beach complies with the provisions of the Human Rights Law, all other State and Federal statutory and constitutional non-discrimination provisions including non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $27.48
- Max Hiring Rate $38.47