Community Wellness Specialist - SBS PUSD
Sycamores provides a spectrum of equitable mental health services through various programs to multicultural populations of all acuities. Although it serves a variety of consumers, the agency focuses primarily on providing care to low-income, high at- risk youth.
The role of the Community Wellness Specialist is to provide interventions that develop coping and problem-solving skills to promote safety and attachment and teach transference of those skills into the home, school and community. These interventions are provided to maintain youth at home or to transition youth to home and are developed within the child and family team process. Additionally, this is a position that is focused on wellness and building resilience through interventions, linkages and referrals to appropriate community resources.
STARTING PAY RANGE:
$21 - $25 per hour (starting pay will be based on previous work experience and educational background.)
- High school diploma or AA degree with one year of direct care experience required; two years of direct care experience preferred, OR Bachelor’s degree plus one year of direct care experience preferred.
- Maintains all required licenses and certifications.
- Valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
- Travel occurs primarily locally during the hours when services need to be provided; some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required in order to meet the needs of the families being served.
- Be part of a team who is passionate about providing excellent and quality services which consistently results in positive outcomes for the families and children we serve.
- An excellent candidate for this position would be an individual who has knowledge of behavioral interventions and has successfully implemented these interventions with youth who have had severe behaviors (e.g., physical aggression, verbal aggression and defiance).
- Ability to work a non-traditional work schedule to meet family needs. May include weekends, holidays, early morning and/or late evening hours.
- Ability to travel and work in the community and in the home environment.
- Have strong computer and typing skills to complete necessary documentation.
- Experience in a Residential Facility, Group Home or Probation is highly desired.
- Knowledge of resources in Service Area a plus.
All candidates who are presented with a conditional offer of employment must satisfy a pre-employment background check, drug and health screen.
Sycamores is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Further, Sycamores is a Fair Chance employer and complies with California Government Code Section 12952, Employment Discrimination: Conviction History.
Due to the direct contact, we have with vulnerable populations, services we perform in the community, relevant CDPH orders, and CDC guidance, Sycamores mandates COVID-19 vaccinations. Accordingly, employees are required to have a COVID- 19 vaccine and their booster shot if booster eligible which is authorized for emergency use by the US Food and Drug Administration or the World Health Organization by the first day of work. Due to LAUSD, GUSD and BUSD not allowing unvaccinated contractors on their campuses, we are not able to allow any accommodation in School Based Services. All offers of employment are conditioned on satisfying the above requirement. No inquiries of vaccination status will be made until after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.
This is a school based position working out of Benjamin Franklin High School in Highland Park.
- Job Family Billing Staff
- Pay Type Hourly
- Highland Park, 840 North Avenue 66, Los Angeles, California, United States of America