Mobile Crisis Outreach Team - Triage Program Manager On-Call
Sycamores is partnering with the 988 mental health crisis hotline to provide support to people experiencing a mental health crisis. The 988 hotline will provide initial phone support to all callers and triage calls to the Sycamores Mobile Crisis Outreach teams for in person support. The Mobile Crisis Outreach Team will respond out to the community to provide timely support including crisis stabilization, safety planning, and gravely disabled will provide direction and support to the Mobile Crisis Outreach Team and be an integral part of the Sycamores larger Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT). Close partnership with the 988-call center, police, sheriff, psychiatric hospitals, and ambulance transport companies will be important in this role.
This position is designed to assist with the operations of the MCOT program. The Triage Program Manager will serve as the point of contact, for Sycamores, in working with the 988-call center. In this role, the Triage Program Manager is responsible for working directly with staff and will dispatch teams (Licensed Clinician and Peer Support) to the field for in-person evaluation. The Triage Program Manager will ensure that data on calls are collected and logged, for agency outcomes (i.e., time for in person response, outcome of the call, number of calls, times and frequency of calls, geographical location of calls, length of evaluation, etc.). The Triage Program Manager will monitor the use of agency vehicles and will communicate out any maintenance / repairs that may be needed to the Assistant Vice President of Facilities. The Triage Program Manager will oversee and ensure that all staff are following the Sycamores MCOT workflows and policies.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Supervisory and teaching or training skills
Starting Pay Range:
$32.21 - $35.10 per hour (starting pay will be based on previous work experience and educational background.)
Various AM and PM shifts Monday – Friday
- B.A. in related field plus 1 year management experience required.
- Maintains all required licenses and certifications.
- Excellent consumer de-escalation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, creativity, flexibility, time management, and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to manage and work through conflict in a calm manner.
- Ability to be an effective listener.
- Valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
- The ability to physically manage and/or de-escalate consumers/residents.
- Frequent driving to various work site locations.
- Frequent/continuous sitting with occasional, intermittent standing/walking.
- Continuous use of bilateral upper extremities in fine motor activities requiring fingering, grasping, and forward reaching between waist and chest level.
- Occasional/intermittent reaching at or above shoulder level.
- Occasional/intermittent bending, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling, twisting, and climbing.
- Occasional/intermittent lifting and carrying objects/equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Continuous use of near vision, hearing, and verbal communication skills in handling telephone calls, interacting with customers and co-workers and performing job duties.
- Requires physical presence in the office during standard business hours.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
All candidates who are presented with a conditional offer of employment must satisfy a pre-employment background check, drug and health screen.
Sycamores is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Further, Sycamores is a Fair Chance employer and complies with California Government Code Section 12952, Employment Discrimination: Conviction History.
- Job Family Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Altadena, CA, USA