Mobile Crisis Outreach Team Palmdale - Licensed Eligible Clinician
Sycamores is partnering with the 988 mental health crisis hotline to provide support to people experiencing a mental health crisis. The 988 hotline will provide initial phone support to all callers and triage calls to the Sycamores Mobile Crisis Outreach Teams for in-person support. The Mobile Crisis Outreach Team responds 24/7, 365 days a year, broken down by flexible shifts. The Mobile Crisis Outreach License Elligible Clinician will respond, in person, to provide timely support including crisis stabilization, safety planning, and gravely disabled . W co-responds with a MCOT Peer Support Specialist and is an integral part of the Sycamores larger Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT) including close partnership with the 988 call center, police, sheriff, psychiatric hospitals and ambulance transport companies.
The Mobile Crisis Outreach Department evaluates the individual experiencing a “mental health crisis” out in the field and takes measures to ensure the individuals safety (i.e., Evaluates if the individual requires involuntary hospitalization to ensure their safety). The MCOT License Eligible Clinician takes the lead on care coordination and works collaboratively with the MCOT Peer Support Specialist to coordinate care i.e., locate hospitals, ambulances, housing, etc.). The MCOT team responds to an individuals need for in person evaluation for safety within specified geographical area (i.e., Antelope Valley, South Los Angeles or San Fernando Valley or San Gabriel Valley).
STARTING PAY RANGE:
$78,200 - $82,000 per year for Full-Time employment (starting pay will be based on previous work experience and educational background.)
Monday – Friday: 3pm -11pm
- Masters’ Degree in related field required.
- License eligible in the State of California as LCSW, LMFT, LPCC or Psy. D/Ph.D required.
- Must maintain relevant licensure as a condition of employment.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all training required by the Agency, federal, state and/or local regulations.
- DMH experience preferred.
- Valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to use agency vehicle with appropriate insurance for all transporting consumers and adhering to federal, state, and local motor vehicle safety standards when transporting children.
- Maintains all required licenses and certifications.
- The ability to physically manage and/or de-escalate consumers/residents.
- Frequent driving to various work site locations.
- Frequent/continuous intermittent standing/walking, occasional/intermittent sitting.
- Continuous use of bilateral upper extremities in fine motor activities requiring fingering, grasping, squeezing, griping and forward reaching between waist and chest level.
- Reaching at or above shoulder level may be necessary.
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling, twisting and climbing.
- Occasional/intermittent lifting and carrying objects/equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Continuous use of near vision, hearing and verbal communication skills in handling telephone calls, interacting with consumers and co-workers and performing job duties.
- Requires physical presence in the office during shift when not in the field.
- Ability to practice physical intervention for safety of consumers according to training and policy.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Frequent driving in the community with consumers.
- Filling up gas tank of agency van, as needed.
All candidates who are presented with a conditional offer of employment must satisfy a pre-employment background check, drug and health screen.
Sycamores is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Further, Sycamores is a Fair Chance employer and complies with California Government Code Section 12952, Employment Discrimination: Conviction History.
Due to the direct contact, we have with vulnerable populations, services we perform in the community, relevant CDPH orders, and CDC guidance, Sycamores mandates COVID-19 vaccinations. Accordingly, employees are required to (i) have a COVID- 19 vaccine and their booster shot if booster eligible which is authorized for emergency use by the US Food and Drug Administration or the World Health Organization by the first day of work OR (ii) obtain a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief. To request an accommodation, please notify Sheila Domingue at Shdomingue@sycamores.org. All offers of employment are conditioned on satisfying one of above. No inquiries of vaccination status will be made until after a conditional offer of employment has been extended. Sycamores prohibits discrimination on the basis of a protected characteristic, including disability, perceived disability, or religion. Sycamores will not retaliate against any employee or candidate for requesting a reasonable accommodation pursuant to this policy.
This position is based out of Palmdale, CA.
- Job Family Billing Staff
- Pay Type Salary
- Palmdale, CA, USA