Behavior Specialist - Classroom PUSD
Sycamores provides a spectrum of equitable mental health services through various programs to multicultural populations of all acuities. Although it serves a variety of consumers, the agency focuses primarily on providing care to low-income, high at- risk youth.
The role of the Behavior Specialist - Classroom is to provide supervision, behavioral interventions, and academic support that help develop coping and problem-solving skills. The goal is to promote safety, academic success, and positive attachment to the school community. Additionally, the Behavior Specialist teaches students how to transfer these skills to the general school setting. The interventions aim to keep students in the least restrictive school environment as much as possible.
STARTING PAY RANGE:
$21 - $25 per hour (starting pay will be based on previous work experience and educational background.)
- High school diploma or AA degree with one year of direct care experience required; two years of direct care experience preferred, OR Bachelor’s degree plus one year of direct care experience preferred.
- Maintains all required licenses and certifications.
- Valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
- Be part of a team who is passionate about providing excellent and quality services which consistently results in positive outcomes for the students, schools and families we serve.
- An excellent candidate for this position would be an individual who has knowledge of both behavioral and academic interventions, and has successfully implemented these interventions with youth who have severe behaviors (e.g., physical aggression, verbal aggression and defiance).
- Ability to work a non-traditional work schedule to meet family needs. May include
weekends, holidays, early morning and/or late evening hours.
- Have strong computer and typing skills to complete necessary documentation.
- Experience in a Residential Facility, Special Education Classroom, Group Home, or Probation is highly desired.
- Knowledge of resources in Service Area a plus.
All candidates who are presented with a conditional offer of employment must satisfy a pre-employment background check, drug and health screen.
Sycamores is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Further, Sycamores is a Fair Chance employer and complies with California Government Code Section 12952, Employment Discrimination: Conviction History.
Due to the direct contact, we have with vulnerable populations, services we perform in the community, relevant CDPH orders, and CDC guidance, Sycamores mandates COVID-19 vaccinations. Accordingly, employees are required to have a COVID- 19 vaccine and their booster shot if booster eligible which is authorized for emergency use by the US Food and Drug Administration or the World Health Organization by the first day of work. Due to LAUSD, GUSD and BUSD not allowing unvaccinated contractors on their campuses, we are not able to allow any accommodations in School Based Services. All offers of employment are conditioned on satisfying the above requirement. No inquiries of vaccination status will be made until after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.
This is a school based position out of McKinley Middle School in Pasadena, CA.
- Job Family Non-Billing Direct Care
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pasadena, CA, USA