Location: Lafayette, CO / Boulder County
Schedule: Flexible/Casual to Full-time
Benefits: Paid time off (sick, vacation and Wellbeing days), 10 paid holidays, full health, dental and vision, RTD EcoPass, and more! For a list of benefits see below.
If you are a current Imagine! employee, you must apply through the Careers tab in DayForce.
Job Title: Behavior Specialist
Department: Imagine! Services
Reports to: Program Supervisor and Clinical Team Leader
Purpose of Position:
Works under the clinical supervision and leadership of a Behavior Therapist and/or Board Certified Behavior Analyst to model and implement Individual Treatment Plans with children and adults. This may occur in residential, community, or day program settings.
- Provide direct ABA therapy for clients at home, in the community, or in other environments as needed
- Build rapport with the client, their family, and staff or other care providers in different environments
- Implement Individual Treatment Plans developed by Behavior Therapists and/or BCBAs
- Respond appropriately to client’s challenging behaviors and implements behavior intervention strategies, skill acquisition programs, and program changes as directed by the Behavior Therapist or BCBA
- Collect data throughout the session in a timely and efficient manner to monitor the progress and effectiveness of the Individual Treatment Plan
- Provide regular written and verbal progress updates on treatment goals and proactively communicate any questions or concerns to the Behavior Therapist or BCBA
- Attend clinical or team meetings, staff meetings, and trainings in order to expand their knowledge on different behavior principles, strategies and the field of ABA
- Attends regular supervisory meetings with a Behavior Therapist and BCBA
- Report on consumer care and treatment as well as any changes in consumer level of functioning to the Behavior Therapist or BCBA
- Discuss significant behavioral incidents, or other issues that affect consumer’s behavioral status
- Acts as liaison between the client, family, staff, other care providers, and treatment team.
- Report client progress to the Behavior Therapist or BCBA
- Support the Behavior Therapist or BCBA with training families, staff, or other care providers on implementing Individual Treatment Plans
- Communicate effectively with the Behavior Analyst regarding any issues, including service delivery, task assignment, etc.
- Collaborate with other treatment professionals and the client’s family as appropriate.
- Maintains required documentation demonstrating services provided and adhere to all rules and regulations set forth by State and Federal Agencies as well as Imagine!
- Observe confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA standards in all aspects related to the client, family, and program.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with all customers of IBHS.
- This position requires regular use of a personal vehicle with liability insurance that meets Imagine! standards.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
· General knowledge of the developmental disabilities system in Colorado .
· Basic knowledge of the principles and practice of Applied Behavior Analysis.
· Demonstrated skill applying behavioral techniques and in working with children or adults with developmental disabilities/mental illness.
· Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and prioritize tasks/goals for self and others.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups at all professional levels.
· Display exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills with colleagues and supervisors to create a positive work environment
· Ability to problem solve, demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles or challenges
· Ability to work effectively with various technology including word processing software, internet based databases, etc.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to meet Imagine! driving requirements.
· This position requires regular use of a personal mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet
Education and Experience:
Applicant must meet one of the options
· High School diploma, GED (General Education Diploma), or Associate’s Degree and a minimum of 12 months experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
· A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education, or a related field and 6 months of direct experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
· Registered Behavior Technician through the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) and 6 months of direct experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
Working Environment/Physical Activities
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Ability to perform appropriate physical restraints on consumers.
· Requires the ability to travel to various locations to meet with families, providers, etc.
· Effective with shifting roles, responsibilities, and expectations in a changing environment.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Benefits offered for full-time, eligible employees:
- Flexible work schedule options including hybrid (or work from home) options
- Paid Vacation and Sick time + Three Wellbeing Days each year
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance (multiple plan options, with benefits-eligibility starting at 20+hrs)
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D + Long Term Disability
- Optional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) with company match
- Child Care Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Account for Child/Dependent Care and Medical Expenses
- EcoPass (free, unlimited regional public transportation pass – bus, light rail)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Click Here to view the Imagine! 2023 Benefits Guide
OUR MISSION: Creating a world of opportunity for all abilities.
Our services are community-based and mission-driven. We value creativity, innovation, and teamwork. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, flexible work schedules, comfortable/casual work environments, and meaningful and rewarding work with friendly, supportive co-workers.
Equal Employment Opportunity – Valuing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Imagine! is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We strive to foster a just, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We also recognize the value of diversity within our organization, and want to employ a workforce that effectively supports the diverse communities we serve. Unlawful discrimination in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, hair style or texture, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws is strictly prohibited.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lafayette, CO, USA