Direct Support Professional
Location: Lafayette, CO/Boulder County
Schedule: Casual to Part-time (part-time 20-29 hours/week eligbile for benefits)
If you are a current Imagine! employee, you must apply through the Careers tab in DayForce.
Job Title: School Age Services Community Counselor
Department: School Age Services
Reports to: Program Supervisor
Purpose of Position- Promotes the health and welfare of participants/ clients. Engages in skilled interaction with participants who require therapeutic supports, thus enabling them to access and utilize their community and build on skills. Acts in accordance with Community Services mission and guidelines as well as Individual Plans. Monitors and reports on data to ensure compliance with all applicable regulating agencies. Maintains professional relationships with participants as well as members of treatment teams.
- Promotes the health, safety, and welfare of the participants.
- Ensures health and safety requirements set forth by School Age Services guidelines as well as all regulating agencies. This includes appropriate services and supports, such as positive instruction, assistance with personal hygiene, toileting, meals, etc.
- Engages in skilled interaction with participants who require therapeutic supports to replace aggressive or socially inappropriate behavior.
- Assists participants in accessing and utilizing their community, by transporting them safely to recreational facilities or other community-based sites for activities, utilizing company cars, buses, walking, etc.
- Learns and consistently practices effective teaching skills, working with Therapeutic and Coordinating team as necessary.
- Acts in accordance with School Age Services policies, mission, and the Individual Plans.
- Supports and implements activities according to School Age Services guidelines, in the context of activity protocols and plans, and in the context of a nurturing, stable environment.
- Implements, monitors, and reports on consumers’ Individual Plans.
- Completes documentation and tracking timely and accurately.
- Communicates effectively with consumers, guardians and family members, staff, and all other members of consumers’ treatment team. This includes checking email, voicemail, and managing phone calls regularly before and during each shift.
- Monitors and reports on data to ensure compliance with all applicable guidelines and regulations, including Imagine! Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures quality service delivery, meeting the guidelines set forth in School Age Services quality standards, as well as follows schedules, information sheets, and plans.
- Instructs in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, County and Municipal statutes, regulations, and Imagine! policies and procedures.
- Completes all required training, including annual refreshers, in the appropriate timeframe.
- Reports all behavioral incidents, medical emergencies, and/or significant changes in medical condition to supervisor, and completes all related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Implement Individual Treatment/Behavior Plans developed by Behavior Therapists and/or BCBAs\Respond appropriately to client’s challenging behaviors and implements behavior intervention strategies as directed by the Behavior Therapist or BCBA
- Collect data when working with some individuals
- Proactively communicate any questions or concerns to the Behavior Therapist or BCBA
- Supports School Age Services mission in the context of both individual and collaborative work.
- Actively participates in staff meetings, workshops, in-services, discussions, etc.
- Maintains and cares for Imagine!’s property, including supplies, vehicles, etc., being mindful of safety and cleanliness.
- Represents School Age Services in meetings and committees, as well as in promoting and marketing, as requested.
- Promotes team morale by being positive and professional.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
· Demonstrated skill in working with people with developmental disabilities, preferably in a community-based setting.
· Demonstrated ability to engage in skilled interaction with people who require therapeutic supports.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups at all professional levels.
· Effective and creative negotiator and problem solver.
· Ability to work independently- traveling and working in the community.
· Ability to work effectively with various technology including word processing software, internet based databases, assistive technology, etc.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to meet Imagine! driving requirements.
· This position requires regular use of a personal mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· 2 years of college preferred.
· Ability and willingness to successfully complete required training curriculum. This includes developing an understanding of Community Services structure, services, philosophy, as well as community resources, etc.
2 years of experience preferred.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
· Evening and weekend work may be required.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Ability to drive a mini van.
· Ability to push wheelchairs and to lift and transfer patients as related to toileting, diaper changing, and other health and activity related needs.
· Effective with shifting roles, responsibilities, and expectations in a changing environment.
· Willingness and ability to respond to emergency situations as they arise.
· Work is performed in a variety of settings including office, outside, and in-home.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Benefits offered for full-time, eligible employees:
- Paid Vacation and Sick time + Three Wellbeing Days each year
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance (multiple plan options, with benefits-eligibility starting at 20+hrs)
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D + Long Term Disability
- Optional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) with company match
- Child Care Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Account for Child/Dependent Care and Medical Expenses
- EcoPass (free, unlimited regional public transportation pass – bus, light rail)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Click Here to view the Imagine! 2023 Benefits Guide
OUR MISSION: Creating a world of opportunity for all abilities.
Our services are community-based and mission-driven. We value creativity, innovation, and teamwork. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, flexible work schedules, comfortable/casual work environments, and meaningful and rewarding work with friendly, supportive co-workers.
Equal Employment Opportunity – Valuing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Imagine! is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We strive to foster a just, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We also recognize the value of diversity within our organization, and want to employ a workforce that effectively supports the diverse communities we serve. Unlawful discrimination in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, hair style or texture, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws is strictly prohibited.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boulder, CO, USA
- Lafayette, CO, USA