Therapist - Tucson, AZ (Intermountain Health Center)
Looking to build a lasting career? Join a team that is inclusive and embraces all individuals. Intermountain Centers is one of the largest statewide behavioral health and integrated care organizations in Arizona. What does building a lasting career look like?
- Top-level compensation packages
- Exceptional health, dental, and disability benefits
- Career and compensation advancement programs
- Student loan forgiveness programs
- 401k company match
- Bilingual pay differential
- Holiday, PTO and employer paid life insurance
- Clinical licensure supervision and reimbursement
- Evidence-based treatment approaches, training, and supervision
- One of the first fully vaccinated COVID-19 workplaces in Arizona
Intermountain Centers and its statewide affiliates, Community Partners Integrated Healthcare, Pinal Hispanic Council, Intermountain Health Center, Intermountain Foster Care, Behavioral Consultation Services and MHRI Housing are currently recruiting career-minded individuals interested in opportunities within the largest adult and child service continuum in Arizona.
General Summary: The Licensed Therapist functions as a provider of therapeutic services for members of the organization. In this capacity, the incumbent is responsible for providing a variety of outpatient therapy services to members with mental illness, addiction disorders, and/or trauma effects. The Therapist will work in conjunction with the treatment team to provide a continuum of services designed to aid in the member’s recovery goals. The Therapist may also be part of a team assigned to each member to ensure strong clinical care and coordination.
- Evaluate member’s physical or mental condition through interviews, observation or assessments.
- Guide members in the development of skills or strategies, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, identifying problems, adjusting to life, and making changes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling programs on member’s progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Plan, organize or lead structured programs of counseling, work, study, recreation or social activities for members, including programs to prevent substance abuse, improve community health or counseling services.
- Collaborate with other staff members to coordinate member care and develop treatment plans.
- Refer members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Act as member’s advocate to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with or supporting members.
- Meet with families, probation officers, police or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Gather information about community mental health needs or resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy.
- Coordinate or direct employee workshops, courses or training about mental health issues.
- The therapist will be responsible for the coordination of substance disorder group’s reviews and signs off on assessments, service plans and discharge summaries within 24 hours of receiving the documents in the electronic health record.
- Responsible for following any policies, procedures, and controls established by the organization, the HIPAA Privacy Officer, and/or the HIPAA Security Officer regarding access to, protection of, and the use of the PHI.
- Must meet productivity expectations of providing 440 units monthly (22 hours weekly).
- Performs other related duties as assigned or necessary as they relate to the general nature of the position.
- Education – Masters level or higher in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, or related field.
- Experience – No fewer than 2 years of experience working in the public behavioral health system (preferably with members with SMI).
- License – Licensed in State of Arizona.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card (must possess upon hire and maintain throughout employment).
- CPR, First Aid & AED certification, if required (must possess upon hire and maintain throughout employment).
- Valid Driver’s License, 39-month Motor Vehicle Report, proof of vehicle registration and liability insurance that meet company insurance requirements, if required.
- Negative TB test result, if required (Employer provides).
Questions about this position? Contact us at HR@ichd.net.
- Pay Type Salary
- Tucson, AZ, USA