Teacher - Tucson, AZ (Intermountain Academy)
Looking to build a lasting career? Join a team that is inclusive and embraces all individuals. Intermountain Centers is one of the largest statewide behavioral health and integrated care organizations in Arizona. What does building a lasting career look like?
- Top-level compensation packages
- Exceptional health, dental, and disability benefits
- Career and compensation advancement programs
- Student loan forgiveness programs
- 401k company match
- Bilingual pay differential
- Holiday, PTO and employer paid life insurance
- Clinical licensure supervision and reimbursement
- Evidence-based treatment approaches, training, and supervision
- One of the first fully vaccinated COVID-19 workplaces in Arizona
Intermountain Centers and its statewide affiliates, Community Partners Integrated Healthcare, Pinal Hispanic Council, Intermountain Health Center, Intermountain Foster Care, Behavioral Consultation Services and MHRI Housing are currently recruiting career-minded individuals interested in opportunities within the largest adult and child service continuum in Arizona.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates daily lesson plans, to include scheduled activities and materials.
- Plans instruction and implements instructional techniques to encourage and motivate students.
- Participates as a member of an instructional team to promote learning activities for students, consistent with district and school education objectives.
- Prepares lesson plans and instructs students in accordance with established curriculum and student need.
- Utilizes classroom management techniques to maintain organization, orderliness, student safety, and a productive learning environment.
- Implements instructional techniques to encourage and motivate students.
- Models enthusiasm for the learning process, both personally and professionally.
- Monitors and guides the activities of teacher assistant.
- Observes behavior of students in the classroom and during activities; models behaviors necessary for students’ success.
- Notifies Principal of the special needs of students who display characteristics that vary from the norm
- Assesses student needs and evaluates students’ performance regarding achievements in curriculum and activities.
- Assists in the development and tracking of IEP goals progress.
- Maintains regular and frequent communication with all stakeholders.
- Ensures parents and students are informed of methods of evaluation used in the classroom.
- Informs parents of student progress and school activities.
- Advises parents of instructional methods that may assist students.
- Maintains professional appearance and displays professional behavior when representing the Academy and/or agency.
- Follows agency purchasing and accounting procedures.
- Completes all training required by the Arizona Department of Education for needed certification and as requested by Principal.
- Maintains an acceptable level of attendance; makes self available to participate in IEP’s, parent conferences, and additional training.
- Performs other duties as assigned or necessary as they relate to the general nature of the position.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field preferred. High School or equivalent required.
- Experience – Prior experience working in Special Education classroom or with students identified as requiring Special Education services. Prior K-12 teaching experience preferred.
- Certification/License - Arizona Teacher Certification, endorsed for Special Education, Mild/Moderate Disabilities, K-12 and Moderate/Severe Disabilities preferred.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- DPS Level I fingerprint clearance (must possess upon hire and maintain throughout employment).
- CPR, First Aid, AED certification, if required (must possess upon hire and maintain throughout employment).
- Current, valid Arizona Driver’s License and 39-month Motor Vehicle Report and proof of vehicle registration liability insurance to meet insurance requirements, if required.
- Initial current negative TB test result, if required (Employer provides).
Questions about this position? Contact us at HR@ichd.net.
ICHD is an equal opportunity employer. ICHD does not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, creed, tribal affiliation, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, socio-economic status, claims experience, medical history, physical or intellectual disability, ability to pay, source of payment, mental illness, and/or cultural and linguistic needs, as well as any other class protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Tucson, AZ, USA