Commercial Business Analyst
At Island Energy Services (IES), we are constantly looking for people who are driven to find cleaner, smarter ways to fuel our community. It is our goal to provide our customers with efficient, reliable, and high quality services. No matter where you are on your career path, Island Energy offers continued education and training to help you cultivate your skills and expand your opportunities.
Under the general supervision of the VP of Sales & Marketing, the Commercial Business Analyst prepares, coordinates and communicates commercial information as directed. Desired competencies include: excellent communication, critical thinking and solution focused skills with a sense of urgency in responding to internal/external customer requests. Ideal candidate must be trustworthy in maintaining company and client confidentiality, have a proven track record of setting priorities under tight deadlines, is a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, has sound knowledge of data analytics, product scheduling and familiarity with basic contract structure in addition to professional writing skills. Must have advanced Excel and Microsoft Office skills. Prior relevant experience in the energy industry/logistics environment is strongly preferred.
- Market Analysis: Produce and maintain market analyses and trends for relevant industry prices including marker prices, refining crack spreads, RVO RIN’s prices, etc. Maintain centralized point of information reflecting product type, dates, volumes, and prices for all commercial supply and sales contracts. Track supply/demand balance for the State of Hawaii. Become subject matter expert with industry patterns to ultimately drive strategic business plan development.
- Commercial Team Support: Assist Commercial Team with analyses and bid submissions for jet, gasoline, ULSD and utility fuels. Conduct ad hoc evaluations and analyses of business opportunities for growth or efficiency improvements. Act as lead for federal and state fuel contracts and bids. Candidate would take the lead on developing relationships with potential marine (MGO) and truck rack ULSD buyers. Responsible for updating transfer pricing model, delivered cost model and basis for proposal generation.
- Demand Tracking: Receive and track supply nominations from commercial airlines and utility customers; communicate volumes to Supply Chain Scheduler/Planner. Support relationships with customers. Report material discrepancies to customers and Supply Chain Scheduler/Planner in a timely manner and collaborate with all parties on necessary resolutions. Publish demand summaries weekly. Candidate would facilitate significant prompt demand changes with schedulers at airports along with fuel haulers.
- Demand Forecasting: Analyze and trend sales volumes. Build forecasted volumes from combination of nominations and prior year results accounting for seasonality.
- Contract Development and Support: Draft sales agreements and work with Legal department on refinements. Communicate changes from customers with Legal until final draft is complete.
- Supply Chain Scheduler/Planner Backup: Learn basic duties of scheduling/planning for a limited backup role for the Supply Chain Scheduler/Planner.
- Teamwork: Works effectively with coworkers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive, positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions; and respecting the diversity of the IES workforce in actions, words, and deeds.
- Safety: Maintains commitment to a high standard of safety, comply with all safety laws and IES safety policies/rules, and reports actual and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel to further IES core value of safety.
- Perform other duties consistent with the scope of the position.
Education and Experience
PAY AND BENEFITS:
Island Energy Services offers a competitive salary that commensurate with qualifications and experience. The hiring salary range for this position is $78,000 to $101,000. IES also offers a generous benefits package to include comprehensive health and welfare benefits, vacation, sick leave, 401k plus employer matching, supplemental voluntary insurance options, etc
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands, hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, drug test, criminal background check and a five-year motor vehicle history check. This is an exempt position under FLSA regulations.
Island Energy Services, licensee of the Texaco brand, is an equal opportunity, at-will employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.
- Job Family Commercial
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Kapolei, HI, USA