Assistant Traffic Engineer [REMOTE - VA, PA, NJ]
Iteris is looking for an Assistant Traffic Engineer who will perform entry-level engineering related to traffic operations to support a growing client base in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Location preferred to be within 50 miles of Philadelphia with ability to travel throughout Mid-Atlantic region, as necessary. The Assistant Traffic Engineer has responsibilities that include performing transportation or traffic engineering work in the development of traffic signal timing, signal systems management and operations, reports, and budget estimates under the direction of senior engineering staff. The position will assist with the analysis, assessment, and interpretation of data, conditions, and systems to plan and execute traffic signal retiming projects, covering the data collection phase through the project reporting phase. The position will also require regular coordination with public agencies and consultants. Responsibilities will include representing Iteris at project status meetings with clients and vendors/contractors. You will work with an experienced team developing traffic signal timing plans and traffic operation solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Performing transportation, traffic, or systems engineering work in the development of traffic signal timing, signal systems management and operations
- Systems engineering analysis, reports, and budget estimates under the direction of senior engineering staff
- Requires regular coordination with public agencies and other consultants
- Support development and implementation strategies for improving arterial traffic flow and safety, prepare the development of system performance measurement tools, standard operating policies/procedures, deficiency reports and mitigation plans, coordinate with local agencies related to the operation and maintenance of traffic signals and arterial systems
- Travel, as required and dependent upon location, to participate in retiming deployments with a project team. Length of travel will depend on specific assignments and the successful completion of inherent responsibilities
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or 0-3 years of related field experience in transportation engineering, transportation planning, or similar
- Ability to work independently with a passion for traffic engineering and operations
- Engineers In Training (EIT) preferred
Iteris anticipates paying between $65,000 and $80,000 for this role. However, actual pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) with immediate matching and no vesting period
- Employee Stock Purchase Program [ESPP]
- Open Paid-Time-Off [PTO]
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey! Visit www.iteris.com for more information, and join the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Systems
- Pay Type Salary