Python Software Developer III [REMOTE]
Iteris is looking for a motivated Python Software Developer III who wants to help make transportation systems safer and more efficient. This individual will work within Iteris' Transportation Analytics team, which is a core group of software engineers, data scientists, designers, and product managers who develop software products that provide dynamic tools, dashboards, and reports that help our public agency clients better understand, plan, and
manage the transportation network. This opportunity is for a senior or lead software development role in one of Iteris' offices or at a remote location.
What you will be doing:
- Participate in the development of Iteris' industry leading transportation analytics products which collect, analyze, and visualize traffic data to help federal, state and local governments make smart investment decisions and improve safety
- Collaborate with product and technical staff on product road-map and R&D planning
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews to ensure development best practices are being adhered to
- Research and adopt new utilities, frameworks, and technologies
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree or Work Equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics/Data Science, or related field
- Over five (5) years of software development experience
- Over five (5) years of experience with Python web frameworks (and ORM) with Django (preferred), or Flask
- Knowledge of Mapping and Spatial Data systems, including Google Maps, Mapbox, OpenStreetMap, or similar mapping technologies
- Experience with spatial and/or mapping technologies, analytics, and map UI frameworks (Mapbox, Google Maps, HERE Maps, etc.)
- Ability to work directly with Subject Matter Experts to translate requirements into specifications and code
- Experience with large database-driven application development, preferably Redshift or RDS/Aurora
- Experience troubleshooting and tuning REST services and database performance issues
- Experience with developing web applications deployed to the cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience with RESTful API development (e.g. Django Rest Framework)
- Experience in an Agile development methodology including best practices such as automated tests, continuous integration, shared ownership, pull requests and code reviews
- Experience with various AWS application technologies such as Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, Redshift, etc.
- Strong relational database skills with PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle
Iteris anticipates paying between $117,000 and $131,000 for this role. However, actual pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) with immediate matching and no vesting period
- Employee Stock Purchase Program [ESPP]
- Open Paid-Time-Off [PTO]
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey! Visit www.iteris.com for more information, and join the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Software Development
- Pay Type Salary