Traffic Operations Assistant Engineer
Iteris is seeking a Traffic Operations Assistant Engineer to help identify and resolve operational concerns that are affecting traffic flow and initiate the implementation of strategies to eliminate or mitigate those concerns. The Assistant Traffic Operations Engineer has responsibilities that include performing transportation or traffic engineering work in the development of traffic signal timing, signal systems management and operations, and
reports under the direction of senior engineering staff. The position will assist with the analysis, assessment, and interpretation of data, conditions, and systems to plan and execute traffic signal retiming improvements. The position will also require regular coordination with public agencies and consultants.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that critical State Road arterial corridors are being operated at a high level of efficiency and effectiveness by establishing baseline conditions for each corridor, identifying any deficiencies, monitoring the corridor on a regular basis to identify any degradation of the corridor requiring corrective action, and then initiating such corrective action
- Provide signal timing plan development/refinement following maintaining agency protocol and practice and development/refinement of special event timing plans to be implemented as part of active arterial management
- Focus on daily operations of multiple arterial roadways to which he/she is assigned
- Use all available platforms (ATMS, travel time, ATSPM, CMS, etc.) to analyze and adjust signal operations to obtain maximum throughput and provide safe, reliable and efficient arterial operations
- Report directly to the Arterial Engineer and coordinate with Integrated Corridor Management (ICM) Operators; spend majority of time at the Regional traffic Management Center (RTMC) and liaise with maintaining agency contacts
- Assist in the coordination of AAM/TMC activities by assisting in the management of responses to disasters and high-profile special events, accommodating the data needs of special agencies and third parties, etc.
- Limited travel to conduct field work
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering
- 0-3 years of related field experience in transportation engineering, transportation planning, or similar
- Engineers In Training (EIT) required
- Ability to work independently with a passion for traffic engineering and operations
- IMSA Traffic Signal Field Technician Level I (or obtain within 6 months)
- Ability to learn the operation of Synchro and Tru-Traffic software programs
- Traffic Management Center (TMC) operations experience desired but not required
Iteris anticipates paying between $68,000 and $75,000 for this role. However, actual pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) with immediate matching and no vesting period
- Employee Stock Purchase Program [ESPP]
- Open Paid-Time-Off [PTO]
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey! Visit www.iteris.com for more information, and join the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Systems
- Pay Type Salary