Traffic Signal Timing Engineer
* SIGN-ON BONUS Available *
The Traffic Signal Timing Engineer performs advanced‐level engineering related to traffic operations. Independently analyze, assess, and interpret data, conditions, and systems to plan and execute traffic signal retiming projects, covering the data collection phase through the project reporting phase. Position will support a growing client base in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and implement strategies for improving arterial traffic flow and safety, prepare the development of system performance measurement tools, standard operating policies/procedures, deficiency reports and mitigation plans, coordinate with local agencies related to the operation and maintenance of traffic signals and arterial systems
- Provide highly visible customer traffic operations support through the performance of on-site signal timing implementation and fine-tuning, and review of existing traffic operations issues
- Closely coordinate with our department groups as needed
- Train staff on traffic engineering fundamentals as well as advanced tactics to efficiently move traffic
- Continuously improve project delivery (both quality and speed) through process improvements and staff training
- Provide engineering support for our Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSM&O) performance monitoring platforms
- Demonstrate skills with computers and software applications to proficiently operate central signal systems
- Interact professionally and proactively with clients to ensure clients are highly satisfied
- Maintain knowledge of Advanced Transportation Management System (ATMS) platforms, optimization software, and analysis software to ensure technical competence
- Travel, as required, to participate in retiming deployments. Length of travel will depend on specific assignments and the successful completion of your responsibilities.
What will enable you to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) preferred in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in traffic signal systems and traffic engineering principles
- Accomplished in common tools such as Synchro, CADD, GIS, traffic signal controller platforms, and all ATMS platforms; hands-on experience with traffic signal controller and ATMS platforms; we provide extensive internal training programs
- Traffic Management Center (TMC) operations familiarity
- IMSA Traffic Signal Field Technician Level II (or willingness to obtain; we provide financial assistance)
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is a plus
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) license is also a plus
- A passion for data analysis, attention to detail, real-time traffic operations improvements to enhance the safety and traveling experience of the motoring public and pedestrians
Iteris anticipates paying between $79,500 and $88,500 for this role. However, actual pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) with immediate matching and no vesting period
- Employee Stock Purchase Program [ESPP]
- Open Paid-Time-Off [PTO]
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey! Visit www.iteris.com for more information, and join the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Systems - Southeast
- Pay Type Salary