Sr. Signal Optimization Engineer
Iteris is seeking an experienced Sr. Signal Optimization Engineer to monitor the health and status of over 1,500 VDOT signals in the NoVA District, under the direction of VDOT NRO staff on a real-time basis. The primary work location is in the Signal Operations Center (SOC) in the McConnell Public Safety and Transportation Operations Center (PSTOC) in Fairfax, VA.
What you will be doing:
- Analyze traffic data, data mining and statistical analysis
- Monitor intersections with cameras and adjust signal times within that corridor as appropriate
- Demonstrate skills of computers and software applications to proficiently operate central signal system
- Respond effectively to concerns related to traffic signal operations
- Prepare correspondence and technical reports
- Experience in conducting a wide array of traffic engineering analyses
- Navigate the regional ATMS solution and all relevant systems that operate and/or will operate in the Northern Virginia District and the Northern Region Operations
- B.S., or M.S in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Over five (5) years experience in a Transportation Engineering field
- Valid Professional Engineer’s License is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in transportation engineering applications/programs, listed below, as required
- VDOT's computerized traffic signal system: Statewide Central Signal System (KITS)
- Traffic signal optimization and simulation software, including but not limited to Synchro, Simtraffic, VISSIM and other traffic analysis software
- Traffic monitoring systems include but are not limited to: ATMS (OpenTMS), Automated Signal Performance Measures (ATSPM), and RITIS
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in Synchro, VISSIM, ATSPM, KITS and other programs is preferred
- Knowledge of traffic signal and traffic engineering applications
- Experience in analyzing traffic data, data mining and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of state and federal transportation specifications and standards
- Skill in the use of computers and software applications
- Proficiency to operate central signal system
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Iteris anticipates paying between $70,000 to 85,000 for candidates that do not have their Professional Engineer [PE] License and $85,000 to $110,000 for those who have their PE license. However, actual pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) with immediate matching and no vesting period
- Employee Stock Purchase Program [ESPP]
- Open Paid-Time-Off [PTO]
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey! Visit www.iteris.com for more information, and join the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Systems
- Pay Type Salary