Intern - Traffic Engineer
Iteris is seeking an Intern – Traffic Engineer to support the Tampa office with performing transportation or traffic engineering work in the development of traffic signal timing, signal systems management and operations, and reports under the direction of senior engineering staff. The position will assist with the analysis, assessment, and interpretation of data, conditions, and systems to plan and execute Transportation System Management and Operations and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) projects.
What you will be doing:
- Perform transportation, traffic, or systems engineering work in the development of traffic signal timing, signal systems management, and operations
- Systems engineering analysis and reports under the direction of senior engineering staff
- GIS and MicroStation assignments
- Data analysis to support development and implementation strategies for improving arterial traffic flow and safety, and evaluating system performance
- Limited travel to conduct fieldwork
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Working towards a Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school), Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering
- Ability to work independently with a passion for traffic engineering and operations
Iteris anticipates paying between $21.00 and $24.00 for this role. However, actual pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience.
What’s in it for you:
- 401(k) with immediate matching and no vesting period
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey! Visit www.iteris.com for more information, and join the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Pay Type Hourly