Engineer [Remote in TX - Houston / San Antonio area]
Iteris is looking for an Engineer to perform transportation or traffic engineering work in the development of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) design plans and specifications, reports, and budget estimates and traffic signal systems management and operations and signal coordination and timing studies under the supervision and guidance of senior engineering staff. Plan, develop and implement strategies and equipment in support of connected and automated vehicles.
What you will be doing:
- Responsibilities include performing transportation or traffic engineering work in the development of ITS design plans and specifications, reports, and
- budget estimates. Additional responsibilities may include working on traffic signal timing studies, signal systems management and operations.
- Types of projects include:
- ITS planning and design: Plans and specifications, systems engineering analysis, reports, and budget estimates
- Perform travel time runs/collect and interpret travel time data
- Develop the existing conditions model in Synchro
- Develop basic controller interval timings
- Develop coordinated timing plans
- Implement new traffic signal timing plans
- Adjust signal timing at field based on field traffic conditions
- Conduct traffic engineering studies, traffic impact analyses, traffic operation and safety studies
- Conduct systems integration and network management activities
- Perform ITS equipment field implementation and support
- Position may require occasional traveling locally or nationwide
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- PE license in Texas or ability to obtain within 1 year
- PTOE, IMSA Certifications preferred
- 5+ years of ITS/traffic engineering experience
- Familiarity with ITS planning and Plans, Specifications & Estimate (PS&E) development
- Familiarity with traffic system design, operations, and signal timing studies
- Familiar with tools such as Synchro, Sim Traffic, VISSIM (multi-model traffic flow simulation software package), AutoCAD, MicroStation, ArcGIS etc.
- Solid written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Passion for transportation engineering
Iteris anticipates paying between $90,000 and $100,000 for this role. However, actual pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) with immediate matching and no vesting period
- Employee Stock Purchase Program [ESPP]
- Open Paid-Time-Off [PTO]
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey! Visit www.iteris.com for more information, and join the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Systems
- Pay Type Salary