Traffic Operations Engineer
Iteris is looking for a Traffic Operations Engineer that seeks to join a talented group of professionals to promote thriving communities by applying technology to solve complex issues in transportation. You will work with state, regional, and local agencies to deliver various transportation planning and engineering projects to improve our communities. You will have responsibilities that include performing transportation planning or traffic engineering work in the development of plans, design, traffic operations, signal systems management and operations, preparation of reports, and budget estimates as a project engineer or task leader. Expect regular coordination with public agencies and sub consultants. The position will assist with the analysis, assessment, and interpretation of data, conditions, and systems to plan and execute Transportation System Management and Operations and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) projects.
What you will be doing:
- Performing transportation, traffic, or systems engineering work in the development of traffic signal timing, signal systems management and operations
- Developing design plans and specifications, systems engineering analysis, reports, and budget estimates
- Role will require regular coordination with public agencies and other consultants
- Local travel will be required
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in transportation planning and traffic engineering
- Familiar with tools such as Synchro, SimTraffic, VISSIM, GIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification, Traffic Engineer, or International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) certification desired
Iteris anticipates paying between $71,000 and $79,000 for this role. However, actual pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) with immediate matching and no vesting period
- Employee Stock Purchase Program [ESPP]
- Open Paid-Time-Off [PTO]
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey! Visit www.iteris.com for more information, and join the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Systems - Southeast
- Pay Type Salary