Sr. Journeyman Electrician
Iteris is seeking a Sr. Journeyman Electrician for various Transportation System projects located throughout Southern California.
What you will be doing:
- Read blueprints, technical diagrams, and fiber optic splicing diagrams
- Must be able to take responsibility for meeting project milestones and managing workload
- Must be able to delegate and oversee workloads for a team of 2-5 Electricians and Electrician Apprentices
- Willingness and capability to work on traffic signals street lights and other Intelligent Transportation Equipment, using a bucket truck (provided by Iteris, Inc.)
- Inspect, install and maintain electrical components and systems, such as traffic signal circuits, traffic signal controllers, cabinets, transformers, circuit breakers, services, street light luminaires, CCTV, communications equipment, etc.
- Seasoned experience with fusion splicing, terminating and testing fiber optics
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment relative to Transportation Systems
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- Some business travel from site to site within the state of California is required as this is a Journeyman trade position
- Some overnight business travel may be required
- Must be able to work different shifts depending on workload and need
- Must be available to be on-call to support emergency needs for nights and weekends
- Must be able to use shovels and other hand tools to excavate underground conduits, pull boxes, etc.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have over five (5) years of demonstrated industry experience as a Lead Journeyman Electrician
- Must have over five (5) years of project oversight experience and managing teams of two to five Electricians/Apprentices
- Hold a current California NEC Certification or be able to obtain NEC Certification within 90 days of hire
- Traffic Signal and Transportation Systems experience a must
- Demonstrated Fiber Optic fusion splicing and OTDR testing experience is preferred but not required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable DMV record, experienced driver preferred
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Ability to exert moderate physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 50 pounds)
- Must be able to complete work activities using a bucket truck at heights of up to 45 feet
Iteris anticipates paying between $40.00 and $46.00 for this role. However, actual pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to the base rate, prevailing wage rates will be paid when working on public works construction projects.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) with immediate matching and no vesting period
- Employee Stock Purchase Program [ESPP]
- Generous Paid-Time-Off [PTO] benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey! Visit www.iteris.com for more information, and join the conversation on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Pay Type Hourly