Facilities Maintenance Specialist
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. Our mission:
We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
Why unite with us? Because we are better together! Our team members enjoy a workplace where Relationships are the foundation, where we are all Committed to the same mission, where Growth is always possible, where we are treated with and show Compassion, where trust guides us to Transparency, and above all, where Joy sustains us.
What do we offer? In addition to contributing to our awesome mission, working at IYR has many advantages! Affordable medical and dental care, other voluntary benefits offerings, a 401(k) match, paid time off, an employee discount on purchases at our thrift stores, and working in a caring and compassionate environment just to name a few.
How will you impact our mission? Every position at Idaho Youth Ranch contributes to the success of our mission. As a Facilities Maintenance Specialist , you can proudly tell your family and friends that you help nurture hope, healing, and resilience in Idaho’s youth by keeping our facilities maintained, and beautiful as well as helping maintain a safe, comfortable place for the youth we serve to receive services when they need them most.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, including hot and cold environments regularly
- Some professional experience performing skilled repair and maintenance in any of the following: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, building maintenance, and grounds related work; using specialized tools and equipment associated with trades indicated.
- Ability to take initiative, organize and handle multiple, complex tasks at the same time
- Technical, trade certification/degree equivalent to a bachelors degree
- Three years professional experience performing skilled repair and maintenance in any of the following: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, building maintenance, and grounds related work; using specialized tools and equipment associated with trades indicated.
Our Facilities Maintenance Specialists:
- Evaluate physical, mechanical and structural aspects of facilities to ensure to safe operation
- Supervises remodel, repair, construction and installation projects
- Performs preventative maintenance and emergency repairs
- Works collaboratively with agency managers on their facility needs
As a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit, the Idaho Youth Ranch is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PLSF) program. The PLSF offers student loan forgiveness on qualifying loans under specific conditions. Speak with your loan provider for more information.
The Idaho Youth Ranch is an equal opportunity employer.
This role is located in Idaho and candidates need to be within a reasonable distance of one of the Idaho Youth Ranch locations.
- Job Family Current Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.29
- Max Hiring Rate $21.61
- Travel Required Yes
- 5465 W Irving St, Boise, ID 83706, USA